Creating Young Researchers
By The Lincoln Park Zoological Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the Creating Young Researchers iPad application, a tool utilized by the Young Researchers Collaborative (YRC) program to study Chicagoland’s biodiversity! This free iPad application has been created for ecological data collection and analysis. With this application, students use descriptions, photos and audio samples of vocalizations to identify different species around the Chicago area. After collecting data, the application produces a data summary and the raw information is sent to a provided email for use in the classroom or at home. The application design was based on tools and technology used by our researchers at Lincoln Park Zoo.
Our Creating Young Researchers application includes:
· Background information on the study of ecology and biodiversity surveys
· Instructions on how to collect data
· A comprehensive list of local animals
· Descriptions and photos of each animal to help with identification
· Sample vocalizations for most animals
· A summary of your biodiversity study results
· Option to email the data for later use and analysis
Lincoln Park Zoo is dedicated to connecting people with nature by providing a free, family oriented wildlife experience in the heart of Chicago and by exhibiting leadership and advancing the highest quality animal care, education, science, and conservation.
The Creating Young Researchers iPad application has been made possible by the generous support of the Polk Bros Foundation.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Released: Aug 16, 2013
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 24.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Lincoln Park Zoological Society
- © 2013 The Lincoln Park Zoological Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.