Intro to Cursive, by Montessorium
By Montessorium, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* When the world literally writes off cursive, we build an app dedicated solely to the art of teaching handwriting.
* Learn to trace, read and write letter sounds, names and phonograms, in cursive.
YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN:
- Basic foundations of language, with an emphasis on cursive
- To read, write and understand letters from a-z
- Lowercase letter symbols and their sounds (phonics)
- Phonograms - writing and pronunciation
- Uppercase letters - letter names, writing and pronunciation
- Consonants and vowels
- Fine motor skills
Intro to Cursive includes the following activities in a Universal app that will work on iPad, iPhone, iPhone5, and iPod Touch:
- LETTER SOUNDS (Lowercase Letters)
Learn the sounds of the letters, in a series of guided, interactive exercises. With an emphasis on phonetics, instead of letter names, your child will trace and select the letters.
- LETTER NAMES (Uppercase Letters)
The objective of this activity is to acquire a knowledge of the names and symbols of the capital letters.
- PRACTICE (Lowercase, Uppercase, and Phonograms)
A special section designed specifically to help your child practice both their lowercase and uppercase letters one letter at a time.
After tracing the letters through guided instruction, take your turn at free form writing.
Use the sandbox to practice free form writing. Challenge your child's recall by having them draw letters that appear briefly, then dissolve in the sand.
We would love to hear from you!
Find us on Twitter & Facebook!
What's New in Version 1.2
- Language Support added
Not For Older Students
I purchased this app thinking that I would be able to use it with my 5th grade students to practice their letters using a stylus. The letters are huge and appropriate for tracing with a finger — and since my students don't do any finger writing, this app will not work for me, but would be great for a second grade student who is learning to write cursive for the first time.
The app worked well on my iPad2, the user interface was easy to follow, and graphics were pleasing to the eye. A more accurate description in the "Details" of the app would have saved me $4.99. I would, however, recommend this for younger students in second and third grade.
Supports Montessori Intro to Letters during Sensitive Period
This app supports a three or four year old Montessori child's facility with letters and alphabet during the so-called sensitive period. Mimics sandpaper letters but the only misstep here is that the app does not provide tactile feedback. Excellent app in just about every other material respect.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 20, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 192 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Montessorium, LLC
- © Montessorium, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.