OmniFocus 2 for iPhone
By The Omni Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OmniFocus for iPhone brings task management to your fingertips. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date. With OmniFocus for iPhone, you’ll always have your important information at hand, whether it’s a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, things to do at home—whatever you need.
We’ve refreshed the entire user interface for iOS 7 and 8 (as of v2.4, iOS 8 is required). We’ve also gone deeper and reorganized some of the navigation to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas from your head to this app, and update them as you make progress towards your goals.
Use OmniFocus for iPhone on its own, or sync through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for iPad and Mac). Syncs can even happen when you’re not actively using OmniFocus, so that your information is ready when you are.
• Organize tasks by goals using projects, then work towards those goals more efficiently by grouping tasks using contexts.
• Synchronize your tasks with other copies of OmniFocus using Omni’s free Sync Server or other WebDAV servers, and receive updates even when you’re not looking at OmniFocus.
• Create new tasks quickly anywhere in the app, or by sending tasks from other apps such as Safari, Twittelator, or Riposte.
• Plan your day’s errands by listing nearby contexts or viewing them on a map.
• Receive notifications when a task becomes due, or when you happen to be near a context with available tasks.
• Tell Siri what’s on your mind, and it can go straight to your OmniFocus inbox.
• Break large tasks up into more manageable steps you can complete and track individually.
• Attach pictures and audio to your task notes, and synchronize them with other copies of OmniFocus.
• Get a Forecast of the week ahead right from the OmniFocus Home screen, tap in to see how due dates fit in with your Calendar schedule.
• Search the current list or your whole OmniFocus database.
For more information, please check out our website, or try OmniFocus on an iPhone at an Apple Store near you!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
What's New in Version 2.5
• Landscape Mode — OmniFocus now works in Landscape. On iPhone 6 Plus in Landscape, there is a sidebar (unless running with Zoom turned on in the Settings App).
• Today Extension — Items deferred until today can now be shown in Notification Center. For even more flexibility, check out the Universal edition of OmniFocus (with Pro).
• Smaller Fixes and Improvements — Including crash fixes.
After happily using OmniFocus for over two years without problems, I suddenly started experiencing crashes on iOS. Each crash generated a report, which I sent on to The Omni Group. After a week or so, someone from their support team contacted me and set me up with a pre-release version of the latest OmniFocus software (using Apple's TestFlight app). This beta release solved my problem. I really appreciated that The Omni Group reached out to me on their own and gave me early access to a fix that resolved the problem I was having. The Omni Group has always offered excellent support (e.g., detailed, thoughtful responses to questions), but I am blown away that they got in touch with me before I had even contacted them. Few companies will go to such lengths to take care of their customers.
Missing some important details!
Omnifocus 2 is visually appealing, but lacks options/functions. It has potential, but no way to sort by due date within projects-seems like a disorganized mess unless using Forecast which makes date sensitive future planning a chore. Needs additional custom repeat options such as every x months on the first/last/2nd -day of the month. For the cost, it seems they could at least provide custom repeats that are offered with the native reminders app. Would like to see a due date of "today" badge count rather than last 24 hours. Still no way to tell if notes exist on an item other than digging in to each individual item. Maybe some functionality additions can be made now that it's finished going universal.
This is the only task tracking app that has ever gotten me to get things done consistently. I look forward to working through my lists of things to do now and organizing them in a variety of ways. I'd recommend watching their GTD introduction video and reading the "Getting Things Done" book to make OmniFocus even more effective! Worth the price.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 16, 2015
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 19.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2008-2015 The Omni Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.