The most advanced reading comprehension tool in the App Store!
5th Grade Fiction & Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension was designed for the classroom, as well as the student and family looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
• This collection of 20 original stories was written specifically for this app
• Choose between fiction, non-fiction, or a mix of both fiction and non-fiction selections
• Read and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
• Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
• Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 5th grade level
• Works well in classrooms for independent study time
• Email student test results to share their progress
• Increase student reading comprehension and their scores!
Teachers: stories and question sets from this app can be assigned as activities in Apple's Schoolwork app
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included <
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 5th Grade:
• Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical or scientific text based on specific information in the text
• Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area
• Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which point(s)
• Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
• Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
"I like how it highlights where the answer was in the passage when you pick your answer." - Kami Butterfield, teacher
"The selections are age appropriate and the responses to the questions are not too easy - some thought needs to go into it." - Mary Skummer, teacher
"The feature showing where the answer is located in the passage is a spot on tool since I ask my students to be able to provide this in their oral and written responses." - Harold Nelson, teacher
"Great for reading practice - I would highly recommend it."
"This app helped me in my reading. Now I have an A+. I am very happy I did this app."
"These apps are awesome! Our boys absolutely love these. We have done 3rd, 4th & 5th grade comprehension. They love the fun aspect of getting the questions right, and think of these more as games than the learning apps they are."
Many of our best new features were based on YOUR feedback! Thank you so much to the countless teachers that have reached out and provided suggestions and feature requests over the past few years! Please do not hesitate to continue reaching out to us at any time!
Additional classroom features:
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Have students choose a specific fiction or non-fiction story from the table of contents
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
Non-fiction topics include:
• Predator Insects!
• The Origin of Thanksgiving
• Ernest Shackleton's Endurance
• Women's Suffrage: Getting the Vote
• The Story of Jane Goodall
• Pompeii: The Buried City
• Global Climate Change and You
• Jackie Robinson: Bringing Equality to Baseball
• Clara Barton: Angel of the Battlefield
• LeBron James: His Life Story
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to email@example.com
*With practice you can achieve your best score!*
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 9-11
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
All new design. Photos added for each story. Leave us a review, and let us know how you feel about it! Thanks so much for all your support!
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t LIKE IN
I HATE THIS APP MY KID HATE IT I HATE IT OKAY SO GO GET A KNOW NEW APP PLEASE OKAY.
Developer Response ,
Sorry that you didn't like it! What do you think would have made it better? We got lots of good reviews that the app has helped people with their reading, but we love to keep improving too!
3-5 grade reading app
I purchased a lot of reading app for my two children's. I like the app a lot but there are a few think I would like to see improve in it update in the app. First the 5 grade reading app every time I click on to see the detail of my kids progress it crash and the app closed. Secondly I would like to see the story get little longer and more question as they read more books. Third and most important of all. My kid are very bright, because of this that why I'm writing. I don't think it good to give out the answer right away the moment they select the wrong answer because they remember and redo the test. It ok to point out the passage where the answer should be. The correct answer should be after three try or at the end of the test. Forth, they should not be able to retake the test without a password. The test should continue to the end before they can retake the whole test again or just the question they got it wrong. Fifth, the app should keep records of every time they answer the question whether it correct or wrong, this way the parent can see what question that got it wrong whether a first or second try. I would like to see the answer more lock down so the parents can really see if their kids is doing well or not because not all parent have the time to sit next to their kids and watching them. Even if we are next to them and they got the answer wrong the correct answer pop up and they knew the answer. Please think about this. Thank you.
Waist of money
I got the free version first and then bought this one, because I thought it would have more books and be better, but no. This app have many of the same books on the free app and it scores incorrectly. Get the free version it is way better.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.