Google Play Music
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Play Music makes it easy to discover, play and share the music you love, anywhere!
With our new All Access service, you can enjoy millions of songs, listen to custom radio with no limits, and discover more of the music you love
With both All Access and the standard service, the Google Play Music app lets you listen to your music collection anywhere. All your music is stored online, so no need to worry about syncing, storage space or offline playback. You can listen across any device and on the web, seamlessly.
All Access features:
* Listen to unlimited songs
* Create custom radio stations from any song, artist or album
* Enjoy radio without skip limits
* Get smart recommendations based on your tastes
* Enjoy handcrafted playlists from our music experts
All Access and standard features:
* Add up to 20,000 of your own songs from your personal music collection using your Mac, Windows or Linux computer
* Listen on all your devices and our web player
* Access your music anywhere without syncing, and save your favorites for offline playback
* Experience all your music without ads
What's New in Version 184.108.40.2066
Works pretty well, but sometimes does not sync with a playlist created on my computer. If I make a playlist on the computer, and rearrange songs, the Play app will show the old, unchanged
Playlist, even hours after it should have synced the changes. Then I have to edit the list on my iTouch, and that's not the easiest thing to do. MOG's app is much better for this.
Also, this app will hard crash to reboot my iTouch for no reason. I can't remember how many times I have been listening to music and it just stops. I look at my iTouch, and it is rebooting, I don't have to do anything, it does it all by its little self. That is frustrating.
Google should look at the MOG app
Before it goes away, it has some great features, and doesn't crash half as much, if it does, its only a soft crash, and you just start it up again.
It's a shame a big company like this, with plenty of smart people, can't make a music app that is more reliable.
Nice but lacking key features
This is a really great music app that adds the ability to add your own music and of course the ability to purchase new songs on demand. A couple of key features that this app is lakcing (that I'm really hoping could be included in future releases). The ability to shuffle / Play all by Genre. Another issue that I have quickly discovered is that there is a 1,000 song limit associted to playlists. I thought I could get around the lacking Genre feature by just creating playlists but that didnt work either. The bottom line, nice app and user friendly but people with large song librarys, stick to itunes for now. :(
This app is a great way to download music and listen to songs whenever you want. However, there are a couple inconveniences. The first and most important in my opinion is that when downloading music, you must have the app open for the download to continue. Second, when shuffling a playlist, the only songs that shuffle are every song that comes after the one you play first. Third, the app tends to glitch out and will stop playing music for no apparent reason and a notice will appear on the screen. Other than that, this app is flawless.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 05, 2014
- Version: 220.127.116.116
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.