SkyView® Satellite Guide: Find space junk, space stations, and more day or night
By Terminal Eleven LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
From the makers of the award winning SkyView® app comes a stunning new way to discover over 20,000 satellites day or night.
Satellite spotting is now for everyone. Just point your iPhone at the sky to identify the International Space Station, Hubble, GPS satellites, and thousands more as they soar above your location.
Discover new and interesting satellites in Earth mode. Pan around the Earth, touch satellites over distant countries, zoom-in for a close-up view, and take wonderful photos to share with friends.
• Simple: Point your iPhone at the sky to identify satellites passing overhead at your location.
• Interactive: Pan around Earth to discover new satellites and zoom-in for a beautiful 3D close-up view.
• Customizable: Build a list of your favorite satellites and filter other satellites from your view.
• Sighting reminders: Quickly schedule reminders to notify you when a visible satellite will be in the sky above your location.
• Night friendly: Preserve your night vision with two easy-access night modes (red or green filters).
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Space Junk: Uncover thousands of rocket bodies and other space debris that orbit Earth.
• Mobile: Does not require a data signal or GPS to function, take it anywhere.
• Comprehensive: Includes 20,000 satellites with thousands of facts, descriptions, tidbits, and satellite images.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- New satellites
- Bug fixes
Great App for Spotting and Learning!
I've been using this for over a year to learn about and spot dozens of satellites when I'm in the Rocky Mountains away from light pollution. Automatic location and augmented reality both work flawlessly. My all-time favorite sighting was the ISS back-lit by a pre-dawn sky. While I have no complaints about design or function of the app as-is, there's always room for improvement. One suggestion would be the ability to save a log of particular sightings with notes, rather than having to switch apps. It would also be nice to have a more inclusive category (everything) so I could use AR to identify satellites that I find, but that aren't listed in Upcoming Sightings. On moonless nights at 9500ft, I can sometimes spot twelve satellites in an hour when the upcoming and brightest categories only list a couple of significant satellite sightings. If I could, I'd rate it five stars for design and function. Four stars are given because there are some obvious enhancements that I'd like to see.
Great app for us space freaks
great app to see what is
flying over our country. I can't
believe how many spy satellites
from different countries fly over ,plus all the space junk! I like to
watch the two space stations
( China has one too ) ,
also the Hubble telescope.
you'll be surprised how much
stuff is up there, so much that
they have to put them into
separate catalogues . they
also give you a picture of what
the satellite or junk debris
is supposed to look like! I can
see what's over the rest of the
world and what's coming towards us , all color coded
to show the different altitudes.
put what you want in your
favorites, and it will remind you
when it's closest to you and
you can see it from the ground!
there's also a setting that shows you from your ground
location up ,to see what's
directly over you! it gives you
a lot of information about the
objects you select and it will
give you links to learn more about the object in question.
well thought out and easy to use, I wish I found this app sooner! I like it a lot and I
recommend it highly!
I cannot believe my eyes!
This app is one of those apps that is just amazing and mind blowing. From literally over 20k satellites to all the different ways you can search, find, and see satellites EASILY I just don't know why this isn't #1 app. The producers of this app deserve every award possible. I love all the facts, and classifications for EACH satellite! But probably my favorite part is all the satellites I have found with this app. Last night I found a rocketbody. Not just one but SEVERAl! Also, the 3D picture is amazing. I dont know how to thank you more!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 25, 2014
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 81.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Terminal Eleven LLC
- © 2013-2014 Terminal Eleven LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad, and iPod touch.