By Silvio Rizzi
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Reeder 3, a news reader with support for multiple services like
- Feed Wrangler
- Minimal Reader
- The Old Reader
- BazQux Reader
Don't want to use a third-party service? Reeder also supports local/standalone RSS (no sync).
- Classic (iPad only)
- Dark (night reading)
- White (more contrast)
- Black (more contract, night reading)
- Safari Reading List
- QUOTE.fm (recommend and read later)
...and more via sharing extensions.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
- Setting for “Mark all as read” button position (In-app settings -> “General” -> “Button Position”)
- When scrolled to the end of the article list, pulling up now presents the “Mark all as Read” panel
- Improved display of author information in the article viewer
- Feedbin: Improved syncing performance of saved searches
- Fixed: Possible crash when swiping left in the article viewer to open the browser
- Fixed: In-app browser layout issues
Have you ever used another newsreader? If so, you know how much faster it is to comb through 2000 new posts when you have thumbnails to look at. The sole newsreader without even the option to turn on thumbnails? Reeder. As beautiful as it is, staring at a list of text and favicons doesn't allow me to skip posts quickly based on their hero image, and that's crucial. The author of this otherwise fine app seems to have a philosophical grudge against such imagery, so I'm forced to use a less pretty, but much more usable RSS reader. Posting this here is like shouting into the wind, but I always hope the author will see the light.
Don't ever expect to hear from the developer.
I asked the developer almost a year ago about why the Mark All As Read button was moved, and was ignored. Finally, this version offers a setting to restore the original position, far more suited for right-hand phone holders. It's a good app, but don't expect to ever get help or an answer reporting problems, you'll just get ignored.
I live and die in RSS. Reeder 3 is my choice of apps to manage the stream of posts that come my way. The gestures are what really make me unable to switch to another RSS reader. They are so good!
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 17, 2016
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Silvio Rizzi
- © Silvio Rizzi
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.