Tactical Space Command
By Lensflare Games LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Organize ships into task forces. Give your ships and task forces orders. Promote and assign officers to command your ships, stations and task forces. Allocate production. Customize your research focus. Take that rock or die trying. Smash any planetary defenses that get in your way. Bring death and bitter defeat to all that oppose you.
(Tactical Space Command is only an abstract tactical space combat simulation. No lifeforms were harmed in the making of this game; all civilian and military casualties are merely simulated. Past performance does not guarantee total victory, offer void in partial vacuum. Do not break glass, there is no emergency.)
Praise for Tactical Space Command:
"Tactical Space Command is all about substance... TSC is a uniquely complex game on iPad, one that is very rewarding." [4 out of 5 stars] — Kelsey Rinella, Pocket Tactics [also named one of Pocket Tactics' Games of the Month for September 2013]
"...deep, rich, and complex..." — Tom Slayton, MobileTechReview
"...almost overwhelming in terms of both depth and reward." — Matt Sainsbury, Digitally Downloaded
About the game:
Tactical Space Command (TSC) is an abstract space combat command simulation where you are in command of a fleet, delegating orders to the ships and task forces under your command and monitoring your fleet's progress via a combat Information system style interface.
TSC includes a variety of scenarios with different challenges for the player, but the basic goal of the game is to capture all enemy planets and asteroids while defending your own from attack. In the game, you can:
• Organize ships into task forces and assign formations.
• Give a wide range of orders to your task forces and independent ships.
• Promote and assign officers to command your ships, stations and task forces (or let the computer handle that for you).
• Allocate planetary production to build ships and defense stations.
• Customize your research focus.
• Capture enemy planets and asteroids while defending your own from enemy assault.
• Interdict enemy shipping to cripple enemy production while protecting your own shipping from attack.
• Customize event notifications to keep track of game events.
• Create your own custom scenarios and share them with other players.
TSC takes full advantage of high resolution displays to deliver sharp vector graphics, and includes an option for an alternate color palette for red-green colorblind players. It also includes a tutorial, gameplay tips and help for every screen and selection to help ease beginning players into the game.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
• Fix for issue in user scenarios that use randomized planet names (i.e., duplicate planet names) that causes issues with saving those games.
• Fix for occasional issue with initial dialogs after startup
• Added feature to display which scenarios have been completed/won.
Good but please fix LAG problem
The game is great on a smaller level, but once the planet count goes up, the lag increases to almost unbearable levels. But other than that, the game has a good balance of the different ships. The combat is weak as you cannot see the actual battles but it gets the job done. Fix these few problems and you have a really good tactical game.
Apple needs more stars...... This game needs it
Dude this game gave me a taste of game that is actual fun...... And stays true to a fleet control and well isn't lying when they say this game is a steatite game..... Also when ever I look on Apple Store ( which i.s rare cause this game is epic) I look for games like it.... So far no game is like it
Great tactical game with strategic elements. Very well-done interface and challenging gameplay. Deep and unlikely to leave my iPad...ever.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 20, 2014
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Lensflare Games LLC
- © 2013-2014 Lensflare Games LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.