Axel's Chain Reaction
By Laura Allison Pomenta Badolato
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*A Parents' Choice Gold Award Winner
*App Circus Online Competition Winner.
*Digital Book World Award 2014 finalist, and recipient of their Quality Excellence Design seal.
*Recommended by National Science Teachers Association and praised by School Library Journal.
*Teachers With Apps Certified App Badge of Approval, and chosen as on eof their Besto Book Apps in 2014.
*Picked as Editor's Choice at Best Apps for Kids.
Almost 5,000 downloads in its first week out. Reached #10 in the US App Store 'apps for ages 6 to 8' category, and #14 in the Books category (only 5 days after release!). Ranked top 25 in 48 countries.
DISCLAIMER: This app version has not been tested for iPhone 6.
A creative tinkerer, Axel Jansen struggles to connect with his classmates and get them to see past the fidgety, distracted, clumsy boy they think he is. Inspired by the work of Kinetic artists, the third-grader decides to build a moving insect to show everyone at school what he’s capable of.
Axel’s own traits means he’ll need a large dose of perseverance in order make a moving sculpture he’s proud of: a swinging, vibrating, tinkling work of art. But his personal bully Daniel sets off a disastrous chain reaction that leaves everyone yelling at each other!
Axel believes he can help by creating a beautiful sensory experience out of this mess —if they give him the chance…
BOOK APP FEATURES:
* ALLOWS FOR DIFFERENT LEVELS OF READER IMMERSION: Explore pages to discover extra dialogues, thoughts, or details of Axel’s creation process. Or skip them if you’re anxious to find out what happens next, and then read the story again if you want to know more.
* SOME OF YOUR INTERACTIONS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE THE STORY PROGRESS: Open Axel’s glued fingers so he can continue working, rub the splashes of paint clean, knock on the classroom door to see Axel’s giant artwork. (Hints provided).
* PLAY A CREATION MINI-GAME INSIDE THE STORY: make your own animals using objects from Axel’s kitchen.
* HEY, YOU’RE THERE… AT THE END OF THE STORY!
*OPTIONAL SETTINGS: Turn off sound effects and/ or Narration.
- HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES: Step-by-step instructions to make kinetic sculptures for different levels of ability.
- BIOGRAPHIES of the 3 kinetic artists featured in the story.
- 3D OPEN-ENDED GAME: New! Domino Effect creation game.
Loved by Teachers With Apps: "mesmerized every group of students we shared it with. It delightfully conveys a powerful and poignant message to the youth of today – don’t give up!(...). Teachers are going to love sharing this app time after time, and so will parents.(...) This app has more than character education going for it (...) buy this app to see and experience the magical ending. Well worth every penny"
Carisa Kluver, of Digital Storytime: ""This title is filled with polished animation and top-notch interactivity (...) nearly all of the enhancements add to or reinforce the storyline. Children will love the variety of ways to engage with this story (...) Overall, this is a terrific and unique title (...) The story has great messages about learning to make the most out of our unique talents, sticking with a project and standing up to bullying. It will even resonate with kids and families dealing with special needs. Filled with educational enhancements and a host of other extras, Axel's Chain Reaction is an engaging blend of fiction and non-fiction, with extension activities designed for inspiration."
Story by: Allison Pomenta, member of Moms with Apps "Know What's Inside" Program, and of the Book App Alliance. Illustrated by Mónica Armiño. Development by: Cubic Jigsaw (a division of Higuera Studios).
What's New in Version 1.31
-New camera zoom for in app Game.
-Parental Gate Adjustments.
-Minor adjustments for the story and biographies sections.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 22, 2014
- Version: 1.31
- Size: 147 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Laura Allison Pomenta Badolato
- © 2013 Allison Pomenta, Higuera Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.