Jet Car Stunts 2
By True Axis
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sequel to the award winning Jet Car Stunts.
WARNING: This game will challenge you.
- Crazy stunt driving on outlandish courses.
- Insane jumps.
- Ludicrous speeds.
- Manic car handling.
- Outrageous jet physics.
- 120 levels, 3 difficulties each. (The First 10 are free)
- 7 cars with varied handling.
- 4 Game modes.
- Level creation and sharing (Purchase required for saving and sharing)
- Global leaderboards with replays.
- Friend challenges.
- Controller support
Note: Using non-app store apps with JCS2 may break JCS2, causing it to crash every time on start up.
In-App Purchases: JCS2 has flexible options, either buy all in one purchase, or pay just for what you want.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
- Fixed bug where no new user levels can be downloaded after 100 until some are deleted.
- Added friends filter to user levels
- Added text search to user levels
- Various bug fixes
Great concept, mediocre execution.
At first, I thought this game was great. Decent visuals, cool levels, etc... The sounds are great, cars are nice, and the menu is well laid out. Then once I got further into the expansive amount of levels, I noticed a few things that set me off a little:
1) The reset points should be either more frequent, or non existent, simply spawning the player where ever they left the track. At the moment, having to redo a section of track multiple times over is infuriating, especially when the terrible physics get in the way (read below).
2) Car physics are terrible. The controls feel a bit slow, especially when flying. Turning feels dead, and most cars have very little grip, sliding about a lot.
Because of these two points, I have decided to give the game 3 stars. Hopefully this will be fixed soon, but until then, I will keep the rating at where it stands.
Review plus idea
I have to say, this game gives me a fun challenge! The overall quality and vehicles are awesome! I also have some ideas and edits to the "Create" section of the game
The creating part is overall fun, but there should be more to it. They should add wider, white tracks with walls. They should have an Auto-Create feature that make your vehicle automatically drive and create certain shapes (like loops of different sizes, and wall turns, etc.) and an advanced feature that allows you to create things and set things like whether you can pass through it or not, and length and width.
I also have an idea for a new car. Why not add a go-kart that has afterburners on its side bumper-things?
It'll work like a mix of the compact car and the buggy.
"Let's play a game"
I was initially very excited about this game as it felt like a modern take on the classic Stunt Car Racer game from my youth. I even bought the full level pack. But that's when the fun ended.
I was lured in, the doors slammed shut behind me and I swear I heard an evil laugh coming from somewhere in the room. Thats when the suffering began. I quickly learned the terrible secret that the level designers behind this game hate humanity and want nothing more than to see innocent people suffer.
The tracks in this game are designed like intricate, punitive traps, intended to gain your trust and then brutally murder you. Take a turn too quickly? Dead. Jump a ramp with too much drift? Dead. Ran out of turbo? No worries, here's a check point for you. Just kidding, you're dead.
It's a shame, because the mechanics are fun and the visuals beautiful. I would have loved to play what this game could have become. As it stands now, the only way to win is not to play.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 22, 2014
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 37.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TRUE AXIS PTY LTD
- Copyright © True Axis Pty Ltd 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mega All-In-One Pack$4.99
- Level Editor$1.99
- Platforming Pack$1.99
- Ignition Pack$0.99
- Freestyle Pack$0.99
- Racing Pack$0.99
- Bonus Pack$1.99
- Advanced Pack$0.99
- Time Trial Pack$0.99
- Extreme Pack$0.99