Genius: Song Lyrics & More
By Genius Media Group
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Genius is the world’s biggest collection of song lyrics, videos and crowdsourced musical knowledge.
SEARCH 1.7 MILLION+ SONGS
Find annotated lyrics for all your favorite songs, or browse what's hot on Genius.
VIEW GENIUS VIDEOS
Watch interviews with your favorite artists about the music you love.
TAP HIGHLIGHTED LINES TO READ ANNOTATIONS
Explore a world of knowledge, crowdsourced from millions of obsessed fans – the Genius community.
GET THE FACTS BEHIND THE TRACKS
With verified content from artists and producers.
FIND LYRICS FOR THE SONGS PLAYING AROUND YOU
Hold your phone up to the music, tap the soundwave button (powered by ACRCloud), and lo, the annotated lyrics appear. You can also easily navigate the lyrics for all the songs in your iTunes library.
ANNOTATE THE WORLD FROM ANYWHERE
You’re the genius: highlight some text, tap “Annotate,” and share your knowledge.
What's New in Version 5.1.0
Thank you for using Genius! We've been hard at work making the app better for you. Here's what's new in this release:
- An all new Song Credits Page
- Improved Video Playback
- Bug fixes and other improvements
Pretty good overall but has some glitches
I love the app. I love the interface and the way you navigate throughout the app. But a few things that are really irritating and annoying are:
1. When you watch the videos in the app and you try to flip your device sideways the video will stay in the upright position (even with lock rotation on allowing you to freely move your portrait), which is annoying since the picture is already as small as it is.
2. There is a feature in the app where in a song you can take a picture given to you from the artist or your own picture and take lyrics from a particular song and put it over the picture. It makes for a cool background but every time i want to make one right before i save it to my camera roll the app decides to crash. It’s a bummer because i can’t find a way to get around it.
3. When you download the app you can sign into a profile like any other app now but in Genius your profile is almost meaningless. They make it out like you can personalize your profile based on your style of music, which seems cool, but is not really the case. If you sign into google it takes your google account picture and makes it your profile picture without giving you a way to change it later. Overall the profile tab seems worthless now, but could be better in the future.
Great app overall tho, 4.5 / 5.
Was Excellent, Needs to Get Better
I’m not sure if anyone else has experienced the extremely slow lag whenever you open the app while listening to a song? It’s almost as if it doesn’t register tapping within the app, either it takes a couple minutes to register or crashes, and I’ve been waiting for an update to fix this for over a month. Other than this functionality issues, the app should really have lyric editing and metadata editing features that are included on the website. These key components would help add convenience to contributors on the go without needing access to a compute, which quite frankly should’ve been added quite a while ago. Other than the basic speed issue and the added features, still a great app with loads of excellent aspects that just need some rework :^)
This app is a utterly useless it runs incredibly slow takes a second for whatever is on the home/ recommended page to load then only responds to any other commands after that has finished loaded when I search a song and click on it the lyrics take forever to load basically I think it's a necessity of an app but it needs to be faster and I feel as if genius pays too much mind too the videos and all the supplements of the good stuff it has what most people really use it for are lyrics and their corresponding explanation I still have this app because I am hoping an update will fix it but whenever I need to find lyrics and meanings I Google it on the Google app and it loads instantly no lag no delay if the website loads faster and is more functioning than the company's app then there's a problem
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 30, 2017
- Version: 5.1.0
- Size: 118 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Genius Media Group Inc.
- © 2013 Genius Media Group Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes