Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Ground Miles - walking your way to health and wellbeing"
Free and simple to use, Ground Miles is designed to encourage and support you to walk more. Powered by health expertise from Bupa, Ground Miles will help you get walking whether you walk to look good, feel great, or just to get outdoors. Ground Miles turns your smartphone into your very own personal walking tracker, featuring:
Track your activity
- Track your indoor and outdoor walking - your distance and also your pace across three simple levels: active, walk and run
- Track your daily, weekly and total walking distances in miles or kilometres
- Get walking to earn visible and surprise badges as you reach your goals (and burn calories!)
- New Ground Miles badges* are added regularly, including unique badges for the casual walker, the early morning riser, and those who walk in their local park. *Some badges require GPS
Walk together and stay social
- Join or create virtual walking groups with friends or family anywhere in the world and see your collective miles accumulate
- Share your badges and walking milestones with friends via social media including Facebook and Twitter
Tailor and monitor your walking goals
- Set your own daily or weekly goals
- Use the interactive in-App map, using your phone's native map functionality, to see where you could walk to reach your goal
- Receive personalised motivation cards based on your walking routine
Personalise your experience
- Enter your age, height, weight, gender and step length for a more personalised experience (but not required before you get going)
- Personalise your Ground Miles app background by using your favourite photo - or add any amazing sights you see while walking
Join the challenge
- The World Heart Federation and Bupa have formed a global partnership to get the world walking, to help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (includes heart disease and stroke).
- On World Heart Day they are launching a global walking challenge called Ground Miles Challenge. The global target is to walk 5 million miles (approximately 8 million kilometres).
- People who download the Ground Miles app and achieve their Ground Miles Challenge badge will have the chance to win prizes along the way (terms and conditions apply).
- Together, when we achieve 5 million miles, our collective efforts will unlock Bupa funding to World Heart Federation programmes that protect thousands of children from heart failure and early death, as a result of Rheumatic Heart Disease.
Remember, everyone can take steps towards heart health - and it is never too late to get walking!
Start walking with Ground Miles today to help protect not only your own health, but the health of thousands of children around the world.
For more info visit:
What's New in Version 2.0
- Follow Chad Strider's footsteps and unlock his hidden badge!
- Added Chinese and Polish languages