Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Ground Miles - walking your way to health and wellbeing"
Free and simple to use, Ground Miles is designed to encourage and support you to walk more. Powered by health expertise from Bupa, Ground Miles will help you get walking whether you walk to look good, feel great, or just to get outdoors. Ground Miles turns your smartphone into your very own personal walking tracker, featuring:
Track your activity
- Track your indoor and outdoor walking - your distance and also your pace across three simple levels: active, walk and run
- Track your daily, weekly and total walking distances in miles or kilometres
- Get walking to earn visible and surprise badges as you reach your goals (and burn calories!)
- New Ground Miles badges* are added regularly, including unique badges for the casual walker, the early morning riser, and those who walk in their local park. *Some badges require GPS
Walk together and stay social
- Join or create virtual walking groups with friends or family anywhere in the world and see your collective miles accumulate
- Share your badges and walking milestones with friends via social media including Facebook and Twitter
Tailor and monitor your walking goals
- Set your own daily or weekly goals
- Use the interactive in-App map, using your phone's native map functionality, to see where you could walk to reach your goal
- Receive personalised motivation cards based on your walking routine
Personalise your experience
- Enter your age, height, weight, gender and step length for a more personalised experience (but not required before you get going)
- Personalise your Ground Miles app background by using your favourite photo - or add any amazing sights you see while walking
For more info visit:
What's New in Version 2.6.1
Introduces the ability to retake heart age calculator after 8 weeks plus a number of minor bug fixes. Keep walking your way to a healthier heart.
So so app
When the app works it is great. It does have problems at times though. It doesn't always change to the next day, it doesn't track your walking all the time, group doesn't work well. Not tracking walking is usually not working right when the day is wrong or something else isn't working.
Customer service isn't very good as I sent them an email and didn't get a response.
Awesome app with great features! I always take my phone when i walk so its convenient. Used it side by side with my garmin gps and accuracy is spot on