Microsoft Remote Desktop
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect to a remote PC and your work resources from almost anywhere. Experience a rich Windows experience with RemoteFX in a Remote Desktop client designed to help you get your work done wherever you are.
Windows Professional and Windows Server editions are supported. To view the full list of supported Windows versions and successfully connect to a Windows PC, read the FAQ at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473015.aspx
Don't know how to configure your PC to access it remotely? Download the RDP assistant on your Windows PC and let it do the work for you: http://aka.ms/rdassistant
* Access to remote resources through your Remote Desktop Gateway
* Rich multi-touch experience that supports Windows gestures and RemoteFX
* Secure connection to your data and applications
* Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
* Seamless audio and video streaming
* Easy connection to external monitors or projectors for presentations
* Support for Azure RemoteApp
Have a question? Post it at http://aka.ms/rd-clients-forum
Have an idea? Add to our feature suggestion box in the app (Settings -> Recommend New Features)"
What's New in Version 8.1.23
• General bug fixes
Excellent and easy to use!
This app is extremely handy if you need to remote into your PC while in a meeting or out and about. Especially if you prefer to carry a smaller device like an iPad without having to worry about losing the utility of your main PC.
The touch interface seems to mimic most portable Windows touch devices. For example pressing for a few seconds on the screen acts as a double click and all swipe functions work, even in Server 2012 and up.
No complaints as of yet.
Bluetooth Keyboard Problem
Only problem I have with this app is when I am using a bluetooth keyboard on my iPad. if you ever accidentally hit the Fn key remote desktop will stop accepting keyboard input. The only way to fix it is to completely kill the app and restart it. I rarely do this, generally I am only doing it to keep working while my iMac spends an hour installing Windows 10 updates, so I RDP to home.
Need to input password all the time
Thanks MS so much for this handy app. It's help me a lot with my jobs, but I am so disappointed with it because every time I want to remote my desktop I have to type my password. I have many Remote Desktop to type it makes me so tired sometimes. One more thing is when I Rename it once I come back again it goes Bach to the host name which is make me so confuse. Hope you can fix it and I'll give 5 stars
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jun 21, 2016
- Version: 8.1.23
- Size: 23.4 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.