Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tracking flights has never been easier. Stay informed of your air travel details 24/7 with timely notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Even when you're not the one in the air, you can be well informed about the flight status of your friends and family.
FlightTrack also provides real-time departure and delay information, timely push notifications with flight updates, and gate numbers (when available). We’ll even inform you of cancellations and help you find alternate flights.
You can add flights to track manually (by number, route or airport), or we can do all the hard work for you. Just sign up for a Tripdeck account in the app, forward your confirmation emails to email@example.com, and we’ll take care of the rest!
FLIGHTTRACK FOR APPLE WATCH: the perfect complement
• Notifications for flight status and gate changes
• Flight progress and information at a glance
• Travel details for current and upcoming flights for yourself, or friends and family
THE TRIPDECK SERVICE: a free flight-importing service*
• Forwarding your confirmation emails adds flight details to the app, including confirmation numbers and seat assignments
• Forward from multiple email addresses to your Tripdeck account
• Share your Tripdeck flights with friends and family
DETAILED COVERAGE: instant access to flight data
• Real-time status for gates, delays, and cancellations
• International coverage of more than 3,000 airports and 1,400 airlines
• Check the weather forecast for travel locations
• Find alternate flights at a tap
• Airtime, aircraft, and speed & altitude (North-American flights only)
• Aircraft tail numbers (when available)
TRAVEL SMART: everything at your fingertips
• Access your upcoming flights with FlightTrack Today, the Notification Center widget for iOS
• Specify all of the travelers on a trip so that you can easily see who's on which flights
• Add flights to your calendar
• Share flight status by email, iMessage/SMS, AirDrop, Facebook, and Twitter
• Share all the flights in a trip via email or AirDrop
• Add flight notes for seat numbers, confirmation numbers, and more
• Find out whether your flight has onboard wi-fi (when data is available)
BEAUTIFUL MAPS: enhanced visual flight tracking
• Zoomable, live flight maps with satellite and weather radar imagery
• Actual flight paths are shown when available
• Airport terminal and aircraft seat maps
Please note that charter and private flights do not appear in FlightTrack 5.
What's New in Version 5.3.1
• Take a quick look at the Apple Watch Glance for your departure date.
• Check out our updated airport and airline carrier lists.
• We squashed some pesky bugs! Among them was a fix for adding travelers.
Used to be Better :-(
I just found out the hard way that if you set up an iPhone as a ‘new-device’ and reinstall FlightTrack-5, all your trip info is lost. No syncing of app settings and flight info to iCloud — how very 2013 of Mobiata developers.
TripIt sync was so much better than their current Expedia TripDeck option. Each itinerary emailed to the special address are imported as separate trips which can’t be merged into a single trip if applicable. You also can’t edit one of the trips to manually add the return flight and get rid of the extra ‘trip’. There’s no website like there was with TripIt where you can manage travel details which in turn sync to FlightTrack, unless you booked a flight with Expedia. Virtually no effort appears to have gone into screen design, lot’s of wasted space.
It’s pretty, makes for a good demo — but in actual use it’s annoyingly frustrating when it comes to basic trip management functionality, especially when compared to earlier versions of the same app.
No idea what y'all are complaining about
Very first flight I used this app for, the flight was delayed. FlightTrack notified me (1) before the airport or airline itself did and (2) when the delay got shortened, FlightTrack notified me AGAIN before the airport or airline itself did. (App in the Air never showed the delay.) I'm not logged into Expedia or anything, FlightTrack just does a good job at what it's supposed to do: keep track of your flights.
Only reason this isn't a 5-star rating is because (1) the Apple Watch app crashes without ever loading, every single time (38m Watch Sport tethered to an iPhone 6), and (2) even if the app worked, the lack of a Watch complication is a big drawback.
Bring back the simple interface
As you can see, the reviews are below average on this app.
They've done 2 major mistakes
1- usually when a developer update an app, it's free for previous customers. But Mobiata want more money and they simply didn't care about previous customers. So, what they did is killed the version 4 app from the App Store and release a version 5 app as a new app.
2- second mistake is the app layout is fancy. People at the airport want something clear and simple. Apps like mobile banking apps, navigation.. Etc are apps with no room for fancy stuff. I need to get it Fast without any complications. Two apps are gone wrong in my iPhone. FlightTrack and eBay. Both of those apps have done the same mistake.
If Mobiata want to keep this app, that's fine. I'm sure some people will love it. But, at lease bring back the version 4. Make 2 versions and let the customers choose what they prefer.
I'm still using version 4 like many others. Thanks to Apple that makes previous purchases available at the App Store. I've tried to live with version 5 (yes, I've bought it) but I must say. I can't live with it and I'm looking for replacement ..
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 27, 2015
- Version: 5.3.1
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Mobiata LLC
- © Copyright 2008-2015 Mobiata LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.