Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to a brand new version of FlightTrack. Rebuilt from the ground up, FlightTrack’s new design and user experience are tailored to the needs of the savvy traveler.
Please note that FlightTrack 5 does not currently include the ability to sync with TripIt.
Now, all FlightTrack users get push notifications with flight updates and can view terminal maps to help navigate to the gate. With FlightTrack, you can search flights by number or route in a single search field, create trips with multiple flights and travelers, and view the progression of an entire trip within a single workflow.
As always, you get real-time departure info, delays, and gate numbers at a glance. International coverage allows you to track flights worldwide. We even inform you of cancellations and help you find alternate flights when you're in a pinch.
• Specify all of the travelers on a trip so that can you easily see who's on which flights
• Add flights to your calendar
• Share flight status by email, iMessage/SMS, AirDrop, Facebook, and Twitter
• Share all the flights in a trip via email or AirDrop
• Add flight notes for seat numbers, confirmation numbers, and more
• Find out whether your flight has onboard wi-fi (when data is available)
PREDICT FLIGHT ISSUES
• Push alerts update you on flight changes even when the app is closed
• Predict flight delays with airport warnings
• Zoomable, live flight maps with satellite and weather radar imagery
• Actual flight paths shown when available
• Airport terminal and aircraft seat maps
• Real-time status for gates, delays, and cancellations
• Covers more than 3,000 airports and 1,400 airlines worldwide
• Check the weather forecast for travel locations
• Find alternate flights at a tap
• Airtime, aircraft, and speed & altitude (North-American flights only)
Please note that charter and private flights are not displayed.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
• Improved performance for users with many trips
• Resolved an issue wherein flights were out of order when sharing a trip
• Now localized in Simplified Chinese, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, and UK English.
• Fixed various bugs
I am rarely brought to the point where I feel the need to post a review (both positive and negative), but version 5 of Flight track is so much worse than version 4, that I just have to rehash what others have already said.
I never use TripIt, so I don't care that it doesn't sync anymore. But what I am angry about is that there is no more iCloud sync, flight data updates are sometimes incorrect, flight notifications that were more reliable than Old Faithful in Version 4 are now haphazard. Did I mention that the new "beautiful" interface is difficult to navigate (someone else mentioned the extra taps required to find flights). Who needs to see a map of the flight path, this is nice eye candy if you want to look at it, but it shouldn't be the first thing you run into when you just want to take a quick glance at your upcoming flights.
The list goes on...no iPad support....
Last of all NO UPDATES. I remember that Flight Track Pro 4 used to be updated all the time. Version 5 hasn't been updated since its release in Mobiata. Completely ridiculous. Very disappointed (I used to sing praises about Flight Track to fellow travelers on my weekly flights, now I tell people to avoid the app.)
Best app in its category
Great app. Obviously, it won't be everything to every subscriber out there. But still the best flight app for the casual flyer, to the seasoned frequent flyer out there. This new update lacks TripIt integration and ,understandably for many, has lost some ground in terms of functionality. Aside from that, the app does retain & build on its core features which many users still value and find useful such as (generally) reliable, accurate and on time flight info. And the new UI is beautiful. I'd def recommend this.
Pretty but dumb
Don’t get me wrong, this is a very pretty app. But like many things pretty, it has forsaken function. I’m a pilot and commute to my base from across the country and would use this app to find the next flight, if it’s delayed, and which gate it’s at. No longer can I just quickly add a flight. I must create a trip now, which can have many legs, and remember which leg is in which trip.
Minimum taps to search for a flight now 4, previously 2
Minimum taps to view a current flight now 2, previously 1
Flight information page is mostly a map with a tiny bit of information on the bottom
Information at the bottom is also unclear, easy to mistake the origin information with the destination information
I have uninstalled FlightTrack 5 and installed Flight+. Flight Track 4 remains better than both.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 16, 2013
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 14.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Mobiata LLC
- © Copyright 2008-2014 Mobiata LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.