Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 8, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• Full Accessibility support
What's New in Version 2.2.6
- Events and reminders are now separate in Today Widget settings
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using notifications
- Various fixes and improvements
- Added Handoff support (with Fantastical 2 for Mac and Fantastical 2 for iPad)
- Added option to set an alert for 12 hours before an event
- Fixed a problem where the badge count and notifications would sometimes not appear
- Fixed a problem where opening locations in Google Maps wouldn't work with certain region settings
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
It's growing on me
I am really staring to like this app. Before I had calenmob which I loved but they have changed to the scroller to set dates and times, which is so much more inconvenient that just having the "tap the time" like they had before. So I found this one and although it also has the scroller, I do like how it allows me to just add the time when I add a new event. It does have one glitch which is annoying... Whenever I add an event, it always goes right back to the current date right after. This is fine except when I am wanting to add multiples events (like my child's basketball practice schedule).... Because now I have to swipe through to the correct month every single time instead of just being able to add them all for a few months and then go back to today mode.
Best calendar app
Fantastical 2 is everything that Apple's iOS calendar should be. The integration with the iOS Reminders is perfect, and the layout is simple and clean.
I love the Today widget, but it could use some adjusting. It just feels disproportionate. The calendar is small, but the reminders are big. Suggestion: Make the month & year font bigger with more vertical space, and add arrows for each, so you can change the year quickly without having to go through all the months. Also, please create separate switches for events and reminders in the Today widget settings. I don't want to see my reminders.
Widget needs work
Fantastical 2, like its predecessor, sets a high bar for calendar apps. There are a few things I would change. The widget shows a lot of events, too many, including events that have already passed. Also, unlike in the app itself, there's no distinction between past and upcoming events. I would like the widget to be a quick reference for what is coming up next, instead one has to check the current time against widget to find out which event is coming up next.
I also should warn anyone looking to join the Fantastical 2 cross-platform ecosystem that the Mac app (v 2.02), is quite buggy and has performance issues.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 13, 2015
- Version: 2.2.6
- Size: 21.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2015 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.