Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 7, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation* you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation* and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak* your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
* Dictation requires an iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, or iPod touch (5th generation or later) and Internet access.
What's New in Version 2.0.6
- Fixed additional iOS 7.1 compatibility issues
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Good calendar - not so good task manager
This is a very well-designed calendar app, which many people will probably find perfect for their needs. It offers very clean and attractive views of events, and integrates tasks/reminders with the calendar events. While the calendar events functionality is very well done, though, the integration of tasks is less polished. For example, the integrated list of events and tasks displays all-day events first, followed by tasks, then finishes with scheduled events. My workflow usually has many more tasks than scheduled events, so I find this awkward -- to see my list of scheduled events for the day (i.e. to see what I need to be doing at any specific time) I have to scroll past all of my tasks. I can't recommend this if your use case is like mine - Readdle's Calendars 5 correctly shows scheduled events before tasks in its integrated list, and PlanBe is even better for integrating tasks with events. But if you only want to follow calendar events, this is a very good app.
UPDATE: I suggested to Fantastical's creators that they list scheduled events before tasks, either by default or via a preference setting. I got a very brief reply saying that this is not possible, and giving me a generic "thanks for the suggestion, we will consider it for some possible future release" line. In other words, don't hold your breath waiting...
My primary phone calendar
Excellent calendar with plain English entry (which can be dictated into the phone of course): e.g.: meet Sue at 8 am Monday.
Also excellent for quick entry of reminders that one doesn’t want to enter as events. Thus, reminders are integrated into the calendar. E.g., I need to be reminded that I’ve rescheduled a due date for some class project (I’m a teacher), or I’m supposed to meet a student a such a time. After clicking the “+” icon, I move the switch in the entry box from calendar to check mark. Dictate the reminder, make appropriate changes (to select the calendar, etc.), and it’s done.
Another important feature is the scrolling list of events/reminders.
Although I give it five stars, there is a down side: unlike some other calendars, I can’t construct my long-term schedule as a college teacher on this app. I need to repeat a class, say, MWF, or Tues/Thurs, from a date, to the end of the semester, which cannot be done in a single entry in this app. I use another app on my iPad to do that.
Finally, I have had no problem integrating both calendars and reminders into the Cloud. E.g., reminders entered here will show up on the iPad’s Reminders, and it registers events entered into my iPad app.
This is the calendar app to have
I've used it since it came out months ago. It's good looking, it's simple and pretty good customization. I prefer month view with a list below. Its trademark move is how easy it is to type or speak all your info on one line and it inputs all the details for you. It's the only way I schedule appointments on my phone (that or I talk to Siri). It works seamlessly with Apple maps, contacts, reminders, and calendars. A friend uses it for Outlook and says it works great for her too. No date on the app icon, but now has the option of putting the numbered day of the month in the little red dot badge on your iPhone's home screen. It's a solid calendar app after Apple messed with their cal and reminders. Oh and you can do dated reminders more easily with this app than Apple's native reminders (again, fully syncs), if you can deal with the clutter of your to do list mixed in with your appointments, which would be my little nitpick about the app. It would be good if I could switch between Reminders view and Appointments view without having to turn off reminders altogether. But really, that's a nitpick to a sincerely solid app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 28, 2014
- Version: 2.0.6
- Size: 17.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2014 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.