Fantastical 2 for iPhone - Calendar and Reminders
By Flexibits Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** FANTASTICAL 2 FOR MAC LAUNCH SALE - 40% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME **
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 8, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• Full Accessibility support
What's New in Version 2.2.5
- Added Handoff support (with Fantastical 2 for Mac and Fantastical 2 for iPad)
- Added option to set an alert for 12 hours before an event
- Fixed a problem where the badge count and notifications would sometimes not appear
- Fixed a problem where opening locations in Google Maps wouldn't work with certain region settings
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Best Calendar app I've found
I have checked out most of the Calendar apps on the App Store, have purchased and used several, and Fantastical is the one I keep on my phone. The developers (Flexibits) have worked out the details very well. It is very capable yet simple to use. Appointments are easy to enter, change, move, or delete. The method of changing between seeing a few days or many is smooth and it is just plain fun to switch between them. I prefer a physically smaller iPhone (5S) which also means a smaller screen, and Fantastical is easy to read on the smaller screen, even for my old, tired, eyes. If you are looking for a new Calendar app, I suggest you consider it carefully and try it. I believe that, just as I have, many who try it will end up choosing Fantastical as their Calendar app of choice.
Best Calendar App
I have installed and used a lot of calendar apps searching for the best one for me. This is by far the best mainly due to the fact that it displays reminders and calendar events all in one joined list. I also love the long press on tasks and events for more options such as "move". That is very convenient. I love that you can swipe to delete any task or event (you cannot do this in the iOS native calendar...)
Things I wish were better:
- I wish the landscape view showed reminders, I'm not sure why they would only display calendar events, that makes that viewing mode useless for me.
- I wish the app did not have that strip of red across the top. Red is the color of notifications so it's deceiving and looks as though I have notifications at a quick glance.
Solid calendar replacement
Fantastical excels in its simplicity and ease of use. It does a wonderful job leapfrogging the stock calendar with natural language event entry, and a great layout for viewing upcoming events. The day Ticker view is good for letting you see how busy the upcoming week is.
The widget needs improvement. I think the Ticker view would be a good option in addition to the month view, but I emailed the developers to request a ticker, and they said "it's not feasible because you can scroll side to side on widgets" (okay.) ... However, there IS another app that has a pretty robust calendar Ticker today widget: WidgetCal. Speaking of the widget month view, the numbers are tiny, and could definitely be made bigger.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 26, 2015
- Version: 2.2.5
- Size: 21.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Flexibits Inc.
- Copyright © 2011-2015 Flexibits Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.