FINAL FANTASY VI
By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FINAL FANTASY VI for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad is here!
FINAL FANTASY VI first debuted in 1994 as the sixth installment in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Innovations included the ability to play all the main characters as the game's protagonist, and to this day, its epic story intertwining each of their fates is still highly rated and wildly popular. The characters' dramatic performances are also highly rated, including the catastrophe occurring midway through, which delivers a particular emotional jolt to players.
With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series.
• Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that's best for you.
• All graphics have been painstakingly recreated, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your mobile device for the very first time! Kazuko Shibuya, one of the graphics designers involved in the FINAL FANTASY series from the very start, personally worked on the main characters and supervised the recreation of the game's graphics.
• Square Enix's vast experience in A-list smartphone RPG titles has been harnessed in implementing intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. The battle interface has received particular attention, with a complete overhaul for use on your smartphone.
• This smartphone release includes the new magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake.
• Some events have been optimized to be played with user-friendly touch controls.
The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic--a young girl name Terra whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire's clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.
- iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 2 or later
Certain in-game conditions may cause the app to close unexpectedly on iPhone 4. To minimize complications, please take the following precautions when playing:
- Save your game data regularly.
- Close the game via the multitasking display after exiting.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
-Conditions for achieving gold medals in the Bestiary for enemies that can only be fought at specific times have been corrected.
- A number of bugs have been addressed.
-A button can now be used to activate or deactivate Sprint Shoes when equipped.
-Timing for selections made in the Opera House event have been adjusted.
I love final fantasy games and I'm ashamed to say that this is one that I actually never got around to playing. I'm approximately 18 hours into the game and it has been a blast! The gameplay is great and the story is phenomenal!
My one gripe is that I really wish there was an option for a static d-pad for movement. Since the game is tile/grid based I feel this option would alleviate some of the clunky movement. I found myself having problems controlling my character is I used the 8 directional movement option. It may seem minor, but if they add the static d-pad option, I will bump the rating to 5 stars.
I'm glad they added a button to turn the speed boots on/off, I never used that relic since it just made the movement even more clunky! XD
Long story short, if you haven't played this final fantasy game before you should grab it! If you have, you should grab it! :)
This was my introduction to RPG games and the Final Fantasy series when I was a kid in the 90's. Because of this game I became a gamer. This remake for mobile devices is absolutely fantastic. One of the best remakes as it retains nearly all of the classic mechanics and the graphic style (sprites were updated). Remakes lately have introduced 3D graphics and, in my opinion, have taken away from the feeling of the original games. This does not do that. Well worth the price and definitely worth the countless hours you will spend playing and enjoying the game. Well done!
The best Final Fantasy game on iOS! I liked some of the menu options better for FFV, but these make sense for this game. GFX really are improved, and SFX is classic, and clearer than the SNES (or especially GBA) versions.
In 1.0.3, the battle animations seem faster, even on the slowest battle speed setting. Still, they just go through the basics of the characters and monsters jumping into place and watching spell effects resolve, so I'm fine with it. Wind Slash no longer takes 10 minutes, basically--so spending time on the Veldt is less grueling.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 06, 2014
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 508 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- © 1994, 2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. ILLUSTRATION : (c)1994 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.