FINAL FANTASY VI
By SQUARE ENIX INC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FINAL FANTASY VI for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad is here!
FINAL FANTASY VI first debuted in 1994 as the sixth installment in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Innovations included the ability to play all the main characters as the game's protagonist, and to this day, its epic story intertwining each of their fates is still highly rated and wildly popular. The characters' dramatic performances are also highly rated, including the catastrophe occurring midway through, which delivers a particular emotional jolt to players.
With plenty of abilities available and the magicite system for controlling spells/summoning, players can develop their characters any way they want. This was also the first FINAL FANTASY game to include the Ultima Weapon, the most powerful sword of all and a recurring item in subsequent titles within the series.
• Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that's best for you.
• All graphics have been painstakingly recreated, bringing the world of FINAL FANTASY VI to your mobile device for the very first time! Kazuko Shibuya, one of the graphics designers involved in the FINAL FANTASY series from the very start, personally worked on the main characters and supervised the recreation of the game's graphics.
• Square Enix's vast experience in A-list smartphone RPG titles has been harnessed in implementing intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. The battle interface has received particular attention, with a complete overhaul for use on your smartphone.
• This smartphone release includes the new magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake.
• Some events have been optimized to be played with user-friendly touch controls.
The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic--a young girl name Terra whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire's clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.
- iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 2 or later
Certain in-game conditions may cause the app to close unexpectedly on iPhone 4. To minimize complications, please take the following precautions when playing:
- Save your game data regularly.
- Close the game via the multitasking display after exiting.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
-Conditions for achieving gold medals in the Bestiary for enemies that can only be fought at specific times have been corrected.
- A number of bugs have been addressed.
-A button can now be used to activate or deactivate Sprint Shoes when equipped.
-Timing for selections made in the Opera House event have been adjusted.
Fun game, wonky controls
So far so good on the game. I have only been playing it for around an hour. Story line seems a bit confusing but that's to be expected for only an hour of game play. The basics are easy to follow but the details are still lacking.
The biggest issue I see so far is that the controls are really wonky to use. It is difficult to get used to. It only allows 4 way or 8 way control. No d-pad always on top option. I find it difficult to control the character and I am not sure I will get comfortable with it. The menu and game controls are very basic. It is an iPad game after all. I don't see them changing that at this point. Maybe they could fine tune the controls a bit though. For the price of this game I think they could have done better. I will update my review as I play more but the 3 stars is fitting given the lack of control. In addition to the menu functions. However being a final fantasy title I am sure the game itself will be fun. If you can handle some of the general issues stated above try it out. Maybe it's just me. I am playing on an iPad mini, perhaps a full size iPad would be better.
Please fix 20-year-old bugs!
FFVI is one of my all-time favorite games, and I'm excited to see it finally ported to the iPhone. That being said, I'm fairly disappointed that some of the same glitches that occurred on my SNES version are still present here. I'm specifically referring to the infamous Mug glitches, whereby mugging using weapons with special abilities negates those abilities, and using the Gengi Glove while mugging can eliminate your chance at picking up the rare loot that some enemies possess if they have more than one item. Please fix so this game can be fully enjoyed the way it was meant to be, not hamstringed by 20-year-old programming errors (that amateur programmers have fixed in the SNES ROMs)!
On a positive note, thanks for giving me an excuse for digging out and dusting off my old, bible-length unofficial strategy guide. There's just too much stuff in this game to make using an online guide worth it 😁
I love final fantasy games and I'm ashamed to say that this is one that I actually never got around to playing. I'm approximately 18 hours into the game and it has been a blast! The gameplay is great and the story is phenomenal!
My one gripe is that I really wish there was an option for a static d-pad for movement. Since the game is tile/grid based I feel this option would alleviate some of the clunky movement. I found myself having problems controlling my character is I used the 8 directional movement option. It may seem minor, but if they add the static d-pad option, I will bump the rating to 5 stars.
I'm glad they added a button to turn the speed boots on/off, I never used that relic since it just made the movement even more clunky! XD
Long story short, if you haven't played this final fantasy game before you should grab it! If you have, you should grab it! :)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 06, 2014
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 508 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.
- © 1994, 2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. ILLUSTRATION : (c)1994 YOSHITAKA AMANO
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.