By Originator Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** App Store's Editor's Choice **
*From the team at ORIGINATOR - the creators of the beloved Endless Alphabet and Sesame Street's Monster at the End of This Book and Another Monster.... Originator is a team of passionate artists and engineers dedicated to the best education+entertainment apps for kids.*
As a follow-up to Endless Alphabet, set the stage for early reading success with Endless Reader! This app introduces "sight words", the most commonly used words in school, library, and children's books. Kids need to recognize these words by sight in order to achieve reading fluency. Recognizing sight words is advantageous for beginning readers because many of these words have unusual spelling, cannot be sounded out using phonics knowledge, and often cannot be represented using pictures.
Kids will have a blast learning sight words and their context and usage with the adorable Endless monsters. Each word features an interactive word puzzle with letters that come alive, and then a sentence puzzle with words that become what they describe. See the word "dog" as a barking dog, and the word "up" reach for the sky!
** NOTE: You must be online and have sufficient disk space while running the app to get all words in the app. **
- 6 words free to try with additional word packs available for purchase. Even more Reader Packs will be available for purchase in the future.
- Delightful animations reinforce sight recognition of words in a fun and interactive way.
- Word puzzles reinforce spelling using lower-case letters and the sentence puzzles teach definition and usage (in addition to sight recognition).
- Endless Reader was designed with your children in mind. There are no high scores, failures, limits or stress. Your children can interact with the app at their own pace.
What's New in Version 1.3
This update includes the following:
- An ability to browse words by grade level.
- Automatic restore of purchases on same device, and across devices (if iCloud is enabled).
- Ability to buy bundles of word packs and save.
- A brand new word pack (Reader Pack 4) available for purchase.
Good app, but...
Let me start by saying, the app itself is fantastic. 5 stars easy. It is a fun app with "for grown-ups only" type-in-certain-numbers so your little one can't get into places he/she shouldn't be getting into. (Which is one of my top wants when looking for an app that my kid will be playing.)
Except now, I'm not sure how I feel about having to buy new words. Especially since you don't seem to get much for what you pay.
FIXED! CRASHES CONSTANTLY
Update fixed problem, thank you!
This app used to work fine, and my kid loved it. I bought all the extra words, and then suddenly it does nothing but crash. You get through the opening sequence, and then at the loading page, it just crashes. PLEASE FIX THIS!
Awesome educational app - thanks guys !!!
This is probably the best app on our two iPads at present, my 4 year autistic son and 5 year old son loves it to bits and plays it over and over and learned so many words and where to use it in sentences, strongly recomended...
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 10, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 49.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Originator Inc.
- © 2013 Originator Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Reader Pack 1$3.99
- Bundle of Reader Packs (Packs 1, 2, 3, and 4)$9.99
- Reader Pack 2$3.99
- Reader Pack 3$3.99
- Reader Pack 4$3.99