Castro — Podcast App
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Castro is a revolutionary podcast client that's smart, focused, and exclusive to iOS.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Financial Times crowned Castro the "Best Designed App for Listening to Serial".
“This app is great. It’s a new entrant into the iOS podcasting space, but it shouldn’t be seen that way. It’s a very functional app in a visually impressive package.”
— Benjamin Mayo, 9to5mac
“Personally speaking, I've found my new podcast app of choice.”
— Richard Devine, iMore
“Castro's a fantastic podcast app”
“Podcast clients continue to be a modern UI design playground for an evolving medium, and Castro 1.1 is a solid exponent in this field.”
— Federico Viticci, Mac Stories
“New podcast listening app for iPhone, with an elegant, simple iOS 7 interface. I don’t recall ever seeing a playback/scrubbing interface quite like Castro’s, and it’s really good.”
— John Gruber, Daring Fireball
— Jim Dalrymple
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* Gesture-based interface that puts content front and center.
* Episodes timeline makes it easy to find the latest episodes of all your podcasts.
* Continuous play option to automatically play the next episode.
* Voice-optimized playback speed algorithm makes podcasts sound incredibly good when played at fast or slow speeds. No other podcast app sounds this good.
* Full screen themes make podcasts look as good as they sound.
* Innovative player controls, optimized for podcast listening.
* Takes advantage of iOS's background features to keep your podcasts fully updated, even when you're not in the app.
* Automatically downloads new episodes as they are published.
* Instant, clear, notifications when new episodes come out.
* Turn on News Mode to keep only the most recent episode of frequently updated podcasts.
* Exceptionally fast search.
* Simple, well thought out settings.
* Easy to manage cellular data usage.
* Sleep timer for listening in bed. Still awake when the episode pauses? Just tap play again on the lock screen or headphone remote to extend the sleep timer.
* Intelligent storage management — you set the size limit and Castro will delete old episodes as necessary to keep within it.
* Supports streaming and offline playback.
* Ability to play episodes without subscribing to the podcast.
* We keep Castro updated regularly, fixing any bugs you report and adding new features.
What's New in Version 1.2.3
- Fixes a number of crashes in our networking code.
- This will be the last version that supports iOS 7. Version 1.3 will be iOS 8.1+ only.
- We're hard at work on Castro 2 — we can't wait to tell you more. Follow @supertopsquid on Twitter to get the latest news.
Like some of the other reviewers, I listen to a lot of podcasts and have purchased most ever iOS podcast client. I keep coming back to Castro. It’s beautiful, functional, and a pleasure to use. While I enjoy Overcast’s “smart speed” feature and the idea of “saving time” while listening to podcasts, I land back at Castro because its a pleasure to use. The UI is a delight. Plus, I sample so many podcasts that Castro’s streaming—which isn’t an option in Overcast—is a preferred solution for me.
Definitely the best podcast app ever. Makes it simple to find new episodes, store or stream them, and delete them once you've listened. Also beautiful looking.
I bought nearly every major podcasts app in the App Store. This one is the one i keep using! Its Gestures and beautiful UI are so awesome.
Looking forward to castro 2.0!
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 20, 2015
- Version: 1.2.3
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Supertop Software
- © Supertop 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.