By Andrew Conlan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
••••• Special launch price for a limited time •••••
A simple, clean and efficient podcast app.
- Designed exclusively for iOS 7.
- Automatic downloading of new episodes using iOS 7's new backgrounding features (the app will wait for opportunities to download when connected over Wi-Fi, manual downloads within the app will use both cellular/Wi-Fi).
- Ability to stream older episodes without downloading (cellular/Wi-Fi).
- Slide gestures to mark episodes played/unplayed.
- Variable playback rates by pressing and holding the play/pause button.
- Variable skip rates by pressing and holding the skip buttons.
- Zero settings to configure.
- Played episodes are automatically deleted from the device, making storage management easy.
- Import podcasts from OPML files.
- Subscribe to podcasts from URL's copied to the clipboard.
What's New in Version 1.0.8
Progress slider being interrupted while sliding
Podcast images with transparency defaulting to black
Various smaller bug fixes
If you have a moment and are enjoying using Network, please rate it on iTunes as it really helps others find the app, if you have any feedback or suggestions you can also contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Great app; suggestions...
Love the simplicity. Please don't change that aspect. Here are some suggestions to make it better though:
1) when you download old podcasts they should be pulled to the top of the list I order of date released so you don't have to go find them
2) have a "pull down" option to put the podcast lists in select mode where you could go down the list of old podcasts and select multiple ones for download. You wouldn't even need to put words, just selecting it downloads it and deselecting it removes it and one discreet button at the top selects or deselected them all.
3) most important!!! Please make a larger section fast forward and rewind. The buttons are WAY to small and hard to press.
All in all very cool app. I'm going to replace downca$t for a bit and see what I think but if you made these changes it would be perfect!!!
Pretty, But Lacking Substance.
This app is very clean and straightforward to use, once you're familiar with its interface. Simplicity is its obvious core competency, which is a blessing and a curse.
If your needs are limited to playing, pausing, or scrubbing through a podcast episode, whether streamed or downloaded, this is the app for you.
If you want to do anything else with podcasts to which you've subscribed, like make a playlist or sort podcast or episode order, find a different app.
I give it four stars for frank presentation of its limits and beauty of design. I leave one star off because it lacks discoverability of certain features in the name of simplicity.
The best podcast app I've tried so far...
… And I think I've tried all of them by now. This one is clearly superior. Simple, straightforward, and high-quality sound with very few dropouts. Unlike most of the junk podcast apps that are out there now, this one seems to have been designed and implemented by people who actually use it and thus have pinpointed the problems that the rest of us now don't have to deal with. One caveat: since I updated to IOS 7.1, I seem to be having a few more problems streaming a file, but I haven't finished testing that yet. Will do an update when I discover more.