By Marco Paneghel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The power of math at your fingertips.
The aim of Totals is to help you carry out any kind of math calculation in the fastest and cleanest way possibile, whether you need to compute something very simple, or advanced tasks that usually go under the name of "rocket science"; its main strength is flexibility: it helps you when you need a hand, while at the same time leaving you your space when you know exactly what to do, and just need power.
How does it achieve all this? It consists of 4 tools, integrated one into each other and beautifully combining their effort to give you control on whatever task you need to perform:
• Calculator: this is the core of Totals.
• Units Converter*: to convert the result using more than 300 units.
• Math Reference*: to help you when you need to remember a formula, and speed up the process of using them.
• Mathpad: to keep track of all the things in your life related to numbers; the average score of your college exams, the amount of money someone owns you and other countless possibilities.
*Unit Converted and Math Reference features only available through In-App Purchase
Inside the calculator, you will have at your disposal multiple styles, for all your demands: just swipe with your finger to switch from one to another, it's that easy!
• If you just need to add numbers and perform classic operations with them, the Simple style is what you want to use.
• Are you instead in the middle of a calculation that requires more advanced features? Just swipe your finger to access the Scientific style: you will have trigonometric, exponential, logarithmic and many, many more functions at your disposal.
• If you feel a little more geeky (or brave), you can even swipe your finger once again to access the Programmer style, which will give you the ability to deal with hex and binary numbers, the operations between them and their conversion.
Every style has its own advanced functions, but the key factor about Totals is the focus on how easily such functions can be used. Instead of creating new buttons, which would make the interface more chaotic and uncomfortable, or adding the classic "2nd option" button, which would waste your time when typing in a calculation, all the special functions will be just on top of the regular buttons. You will be able to access them easily by pressing your finger on the button which has on its top the function you want to use, and either hold it there for half a second or start moving it upwards, choosing from the bar that appears for you (which is a natural and intuitive gesture that you will immediately get along with).
It is not over there though: don't you ever find it inconvenient that, on most calculators, when you're in the middle of typing in numbers and operations, you can't look at what the whole calculation looks like and can't even see where your result came from? That's the reason why, with Totals, you have the whole calculation under your eyes, beautifully styled and laid out so that you can keep track of what you're doing. Having all the numbers you've typed in right there gives you another great advantage: just by tapping on any one of them, you get the chance to change its value, and consequently the final result.
Along with the calculation you are currently performing, Totals also shows you all the last ones you have done, so that you can keep track of them and, if you need to, import a previous one into your current calculation, just by tapping on it (no more need for the Ans button).
When you've filled you calculation and you've come to a result, just swipe on it if you need to share it or convert it using more than 300 units.
More features are coming with future updates, and you are being left the chance to discover the other small ones while familiarizing with the app.
We really hope you will enjoy using Totals! For any suggestion, tips or complaints, please feel free to contact us.
What's New in Version 3.0.3
• Bug fixes
• Support for different memory size conventions added in the Data Size and Data Rate conversion categories
• When choosing conversion units, tap central arrow to swap currently chosen units
Fantastic app, great UI
Following in the footsteps of iOS 7's sleek and simplistic interface, Totals feels like a natural part of it. While the UI is beautiful, it will take some getting used to, since there's no internal help or documentation (I had to resort to the app support link on its App Store page).
The developer is incredibly responsive and added the exact features I was looking and hoping for. Totals ultimately replaced several apps on my iPhone, including PCalc, Hi-Calc and Vert 2.
I like the UI design, and the functionality is good and convenient to use! Great app!
Love it! Thanks
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 02, 2014
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Marco Paneghel
- © 2013 Marco Paneghel
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Package$0.99