By IK Multimedia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NEW VERSION INTRODUCES FULL iRIG® PADS SUPPORT! TWEAK EFFECTS, TRIGGER LOOPS AND MORE WITH INTUITIVE PAD-BASED CONTROL!
GROOVEMAKER 2 - REMIXING REINVENTED
A whole new dimension of loop remixing!
GrooveMaker® 2 is the latest version of the revolutionary iPhone/iPad/iPod touch app designed for creating non-stop electronic, dance and hip-hop tracks in real-time. Now anyone can get results that sound like they were made by a professional DJ every time!
GrooveMaker 2 works with pre-arranged sets of loops (called “Songs”) that always sound good together. You can remix them in limitless ways with our patented “groove generator” technology.
In addition to its touchscreen interface, GrooveMaker 2 now supports a number of powerful new control options. The latest version introduces full support for iRig® Pads, IK’s powerful new ultra-portable pad controller. Plug your iRig Pads into your iOS device of choice and you’ll be able to take advantage of its custom GrooveMaker 2-specific modes — Groove Mode and Launch Mode — that let you control groove length, browse through loops, tweak effects, trigger Randomixes and a whole lot more. Alternatively, you can also enjoy touchless control with your iRing™ motion controller.
Select a Song and you’ll enter the Grid interface. Push the Randomix button, and you will see the building blocks of your groove appear and the music will start playing. You can change grooves with the Randomix function or literally “draw” new grooves directly on the grid. You can lock loops, solo and mute, change volume, pan and freely associate loops with each of the 8 available tracks.
Enhance your grooves with the Effects interface. You get 16 high quality effects: Filter, Delay, Flanger and more. You also get highly creative effects like Twist, Brake and Spin that can only be found on sophisticated professional DJ gear. You also have a Master section where you can add a finishing touch to your groove with a Compressor, an EQ and a Filter.
GrooveMaker Packs offer over 6,200 loops. They come grouped as “Song” packs that are each organized by categories such as bass drum, loop, bassline, pads and percussion. There are 96 collections available that feature styles like House, Dubstep, Hip-Hop, Techno, Trance, Electro, D’n’B, Reggae, Reggaeton and Rock. There are even artist packs from Ace of Skunk Anansie, Chris Domingo and Cool & Dre.
GrooveMaker 2 features:
• Intuitive interface
• 22 Packs available in 96 song collections including styles like EDM, Dubstep, House, Hip Hop, Techno, Trance, Electro, D’n’B, Reggae, Reggaeton and Rock plus artist packs (4 built-in Songs plus 22 packs available for in-app purchase)
• iRig® Pads support: select tracks, cue loops, control effects, change length, tweak effects, trigger Randomix and more with the fully customized native support of two GrooveMaker-specific MIDI maps
• iRing™ support: control effects, parts and Randomixes with the iRing motion controllers
• Matrix interface for simplified loop remixing by drawing
• Flexible management of the Randomix algorithm
• Single loop duration can be freely set
• Groove duration can be freely set from 1/2 bar to 8 bars with new 1/4 to 1/32 live loop functions on saved grooves
• 16 FX with automation and touch pad-like interface (10 Filter FX built-in plus 6 more available for in-app purchase)
• IMPORT functions allow you to easily import or record in your own audio files for use
• High quality time stretch for seamless tempo variation from 50% to 200% of the original BPM
• Real time recorder
• Master control with Compressor, EQ and Filter
• Share via Audio Copy, E-mail, Wi-Fi, FTP or SoundCloud
• Compatible with Audiobus, Inter-App Audio and X-Sync
For more information:
What's New in Version 1.5.2
• New GrooveMaker Hardcore and D’n’B 2 downloadable song packs now available!
• Fixes an issue related to the in-app purchase restore
• Fixes a compatibility issue with Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• General reliability improvements
Not worth the time
It would have been a great app if the purchased pack were not so TEDIOUS to download. Every time I have purchased a pack, hat to download tracks one at at time. And every single time when finished downloading a track, the app returns to play mode, where you have to go back and download the next track which it takes for ever! So say the least, too time consuming and tedious...not worth the time.
Import audio paste needs to allow larger loops
Import audio paste doesn't work as advertised. Import audio paste doesn't allow large loops to be imported! Also it's not a user friendly app at all!
Potential is thereapp Is overpriced
The plus side is the matrix mode page. It is smooth and sounds good to switch between parts. That is also cool you can import audio, but it would be nice to have a better audio trimmer just in case. The fx are quality but especially on the glitches (1/4,1/8,1/16,1/32) they are latent! This is a BIG BIG bummer because you can't perform musically, it makes the rhythms much weaker because you can't do fast glitches- you always have to wait a split moment before they kick-in- this is a horrible horrible horrible feeling. You guys need to take a look at Novation Launchpad and model some effects after their app. The Launchpad is a much better feel than your app, I am not trying to cut it down, but seriously it FEELS and sounds 10X better when you use their effects, so DO go check it out so you can improve your app. After a few minutes of using the n.launchpad's glitches and fx section you will see why I was a upset with your fx section and where it fails.
The user friendliness needs to improve a bit, although the QuickStart was an O.K. Helper.
When you import audio you should be able to name it, that wasn't very smart to leave that option out- do you expect user to remember what loop 15 or 17 is? Maybe so I guess, but that would be annoying and frustrating to do.
And you should also be able to create custom songs! The price of this app is high (comparatively) so that needs to be a Feature- considering a lot of audio apps have that feature but are much cheaper. It is unfair these are even issues, these details are things that should not have been missed, especially for the price of this app, please fix this quickly. And again check out the feel of using the n.launchpad iPhone app. If you can come up with your versions of fx that RESPOND without latency like the launchpad I think you may compete with them for the best looper fx and live glitch app out there (note: imaschine is also up there too) because on the n.launchpad you can't import audio. These don't seem like huge updates, it's not a whole bunch of BIG stuff to update anyways- is it?
I think these updates would greatly improve this app and make it one of the best if not the best app for live looping performance on the app store.
Hope to see an update soon.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 27, 2014
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 75.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: IK Multimedia US, LLC
- ©2013-2014 IK Multimedia Production Srl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- FX Bundle 2$4.99
- Dubstep Pack$4.99
- Trap Pack$4.99
- Rock Ace Pack$5.99
- EDM Pack$4.99
- Cool & Dre Pack$5.99
- Hip Hop 2 Pack$4.99
- Hip Hop 1 Pack$5.99
- Deep House Pack$4.99
- Reggae Pack$4.99