Art Set - Pro Edition
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Pro version of the hit 'Art Set' app is here!
The original Art Set made it to number one paid iPad app over 30 countries around the world and now two years in the making the Pro version has arrived!
This stunningly beautiful app is like having a virtual art set right inside your iPad. Paint and draw via the photo realistic interface with tools that look and feel incredibly like the real thing.
Art Set gives an alternative to complex and mechanical like paint apps for all to enjoy - artist or not! But simplicity comes without sacrificing quality, from pens to pencils, paints to pastels, each has been carefully crafted to produce natural results in real time.
The incredibly realistic 3D textured oil paint gives amazing thick gloopy strokes or thin delicate detail via a range of virtual brushes of various size and shape. Adjust paint loading and thinners to change texture and opacity.
Sparkle and glow with special metallic and fluorescent colours. Build up subtle tones and textures with chalks, charcoal, oil pastels, wax crayons, graphite pencils, coloured pencils and marker pens. Add fine detail via multitouch pinch and zoom. Choose from different paper colours and textures, or import your own photos.
The blending tools give you many ways to mix and smudge colour around on the canvas with varying effects. Create anything from smooth gentle gradients to roughly textured scratches and splatters.
New features only in the Pro version :
- incredibly realistic new paint engine
- colour blends as you paint
- paint takes on texture of the canvas or paper
- simulation keeps track of wet paint on the canvas
- adjustable paint load on your brush
- exhaustible paint, runs out whilst painting
- add thinners to control paint opacity
- set of virtual paint brushes of various shapes and sizes
- create custom colours by mixing, ensuring harmonious palettes
- colour picker to sample direct from the canvas
- user editable palette to store and arrange your custom colours
- dry brush blending
- auto / manual brush cleaning and loading, allows dirty brush effects
- more papers and canvases from old cardboard, raw canvas, graph, squared and isometric paper
- charcoal stick
- fine artists chalk
- paint pens for opaque colour
- 3 grades of graphite pencil 3B,HB,3H
- oil pastels that blend on canvas
Features from Art Set
- thick 3D textured oil paint
- five blending tools
- metallic colours sparkle and shine
- fluorescent colours that glow and dazzle
- zoom and pan for fine detail
- High resolution canvas on retina screens at near 4 Mega pixels (1728 x 2304)
- import your own photos and images
- export to your photo album, email or social networks
- virtual pressure sensitivity
- unlimited undo
- real time high performance
Art Set - Pro Edition is a wonderfully creative addition to any iPad!
What's New in Version 1.12
From One Star to FIVE Stars!
I had previously send the following and had given a poor rating:
"I had the free app, and really loved this, so I upgraded to the paid version. I enjoyed it a lot until recently, and it has been crashing a LOT, causing me to lose some of my work! I wish someone would fix this — especially for those of us who PAID for this app! It has been my favorite art app until now, and I don't want to switch! PLEASE fix the glitches or refund my money! 😡"
I emailed support, and heard from them immediately. Here's part of the email communication, and it fixed the glitch I was having:
"Hi Chela, many thanks for purchasing Art Set - Pro Edition. We are sorry to hear that you are having problems opening the App. Very rarely there can be an issue where the last work you were working on can become corrupted , please go to your iPad’s Settings scroll down to 'Art Set' and turn on the switch ‘Reset Recent’. This should clear the problem when you next launch and all your work except the last one should be there.
Needs much more attention from developers
Looking over your very far spread-out updates and the fact that between all the "HeadsUp Time" and the months that have now passed since iOS 9 has been released it leads us users to believe that developers of this app are not "On The Ball" when it comes to being concerned with giving the user the best possible user experience. These types of developers REALLY CONCERN ME! Especially when a PREMIUM PRICE is charged to download their app! I hope that the developers of this app take this app SERIOUSLY in the future and READ CURRENT REVIEWS ON A REGULAR BASIS and also pay attention to the amount of downloads (or lack of) in the near future to make AND KEEP the app running at optimum capacity at ALL TIMES! Not playing catch-up over a year later!
Well worth it
First digital art program that fooled me into checking my hands after using charcoal lol
Beautiful interface. Love the paper textures.
Drawing for hours 2 nights running, no crash issues, however only using this program with iTunes in BG.
It'd be 5 stars if we could resize tools, but still this is a very immersive app, and a pleasure to use.
*Update - developers should add SplitScreen compatibility for iPad Pro; would make this an even better app. Since the interface mimics traditional techniques (no layers and realistic media) SplitScreen would only expand that experience for artists that want to work with a reference image in the same workspace.