Call of Duty®
By Activision Publishing, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Call of Duty® app provides a new mobile/tablet experience designed to work hand-in-hand with Call of Duty®: Ghosts and provides several personalized features during and beyond your play sessions.
Compete in Call of Duty® Clan Wars
- Battle for territory against multiple Clans with locations on the Call of Duty® Clan Wars map tied directly to Call of Duty®: Ghosts multiplayer game modes. Earn exclusive in-game bonuses by dominating your opponents, including additional soldier customization options and bonus multiplayer XP. Each Clan War takes place over a set period of time, giving you multiple opportunities for your Clan to win.
Enhance Call of Duty®: Ghosts Multiplayer with Second Screen Functionality
- Sync your device in real-time to Call of Duty®: Ghosts multiplayer game modes
- Edit your Call of Duty®: Ghosts squad pre-match, swap loadouts between spawns and view post-match results.
(Note: Second Screen only available for iOS 6.0 and higher on iPad with support for iOS 6.0 and higher on iPhone/iPod touch coming soon. A Wi-Fi connection is required to utilize the Call of Duty® app’s Second Screen features.)
Join, Create and Manage a Call of Duty®: Ghosts Clan
- Join, create and manage a Call of Duty: Ghosts Clan from the app. Communicate with Clan Members via the app’s Clan Chat feature to coordinate playtimes and gameplay strategies. The Call of Duty® app also includes a robust Clan Emblem Editor, so Clan Leaders can create and customize their emblem.
Experience Call of Duty®: Ghosts On the Go
- Stay up to date with all the latest Call of Duty® news and events, check your career stats, and use the app’s Rally Up feature to notify friends that you’re ready to play.
What's New in Version 1.3.0
• Fix for Midnight GMT timer in Clan Wars Diamond Division.
• Fix for Diamond Leaderboard Search.
• Added Clan Size filters to Diamond Division Leaderboard.
• Change to allow Lt. Commanders to set Clan Wars Primary Targets.
So, all of these other guys are saying this is a bad app, but it is pretty good! There are some bumps here and there but it gets most jobs done, you can edit your soldier (only with what you have previously unlocked) you can edit pretty much everything about your clan and there is even a chat room. The only problems i've seen so far are an "unknown error" occoring when i try to make a clan motto, sometimes when you edit a pre-existing emblem, it won't upload to the clan at first (you can fix this simply by tapping the logo again, your changes are still there), and if you have the "GHOST RILEY" mask DO NOT GO INTO CREATE A SOLDIER AND EDIT YOUR HEAD. Since the mask can only be downloaded onto the xbox/ps it is not downloaded onto the app, and if you remove it, you will have to re-install it into your console.
These are all of the problems that i have seen in the app so far, but it is still a work in progress and I'm sure that they are working hard on the app, BUT IT IS STILL A WORKING, FUNCTIONAL APP!!! So please, don't hate.
Dropped the ball....
To the designers of the official clanwars App: The concept itself is pretty good but there are several critical flaws in overall aesthetics, functionality, and design.
First, let's talk about "clan chat"... What is this feature for? Why the hell wouldn't you make it so clan members could communicate clearly with one another during clanwars? You might as well drop the "clan chat" monicker and call it "clan forum"
Secondly, the functionality is sadly embarrassing for you. How the hell do you launch a product with your company name attached to it, with the app itself barely working properly? If I were the project manager for this app, the entire team of software engineers would be fired and replaced immediately. It's THAT bad. Constant crashes during the exact time of the event the app was created for in the first place. This happens Every single clanwars.
Thirdly, how about a little more attention to detail in functionality and less attention to animation? I get that it makes it look cool n all, but it's useless and just clogs up the works.....
Please deliver a working app or make it available online. It would work much more fluidly online. That is all.
Has potential but a joke so far
There is so much potential for the app, but it is crap so far. The only reason I haven't deleted it is because some genius decided they would ONLY let you check your clan wars through the app and not the web... Idiots! After months of being told it is coming, the second screen is gone. You can't unlock weapons, even if you have squad points, through the app. The clan chat is a broadcast only message board so no individual messages to certain clan mates. It takes forever to load anything. The app is massive in size... 240 MB (although this is an improvement from what It was last time I checked which I think was ~450 MB previously).
One thing I really want would be simple static maps... letting one have a reference of the map you are currently on and possibly location names or zones so you have common names in place to use when talking to other players. Another option I'd like to see would be notifications when a node you are occupying is getting close to being lost.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 24, 2014
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 72.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Activision Publishing, Inc.
- © 2013 Activision Publishing, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.