Call of Duty®
By Activision Publishing, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Call of Duty® app provides a new mobile/tablet experience designed to work hand-in-hand with Call of Duty®: Ghosts and provides several personalized features during and beyond your play sessions.
Compete in Call of Duty® Clan Wars
- Battle for territory against multiple Clans with locations on the Call of Duty® Clan Wars map tied directly to Call of Duty®: Ghosts multiplayer game modes. Earn exclusive in-game bonuses by dominating your opponents, including additional soldier customization options and bonus multiplayer XP. Each Clan War takes place over a set period of time, giving you multiple opportunities for your Clan to win.
Enhance Call of Duty®: Ghosts Multiplayer with Second Screen Functionality
- Sync your device in real-time to Call of Duty®: Ghosts multiplayer game modes
- Edit your Call of Duty®: Ghosts squad pre-match, swap loadouts between spawns and view post-match results.
(Note: Second Screen only available for iOS 6.0 and higher on iPad with support for iOS 6.0 and higher on iPhone/iPod touch coming soon. A Wi-Fi connection is required to utilize the Call of Duty® app’s Second Screen features.)
Join, Create and Manage a Call of Duty®: Ghosts Clan
- Join, create and manage a Call of Duty: Ghosts Clan from the app. Communicate with Clan Members via the app’s Clan Chat feature to coordinate playtimes and gameplay strategies. The Call of Duty® app also includes a robust Clan Emblem Editor, so Clan Leaders can create and customize their emblem.
Experience Call of Duty®: Ghosts On the Go
- Stay up to date with all the latest Call of Duty® news and events, check your career stats, and use the app’s Rally Up feature to notify friends that you’re ready to play.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
Addition of Emblem Packs, various improvements and optimizations, and Diamond Division updates.
Stuck & Buggy
After the update for making Clan Wars stable, the app acted buggy.
There are two buttons at the top right of the screen when viewing/editing a soldier. The buttons are labeled "Debug NORMAL" and "Debug Reload Sce" - the latter button text goes off the screen, but I assume "sce" is scene.
Also, when I tried to change the background for a soldier, I couldn't exit the menu. Tapping where the "Debug Reload Sce" label is causes a pop-up message to appear which reads, "Push to game currently unavailable."
One last weird occurrence. I got a push notification that read, "(My clan's name) has accepted your invitation." I don't know if that's a bug, but I know it probably shouldn't read like that. I'm pretty sure it meant that somebody accepted my invitation to join my clan.
Pretty cool, not awesome
I like being able to view/adjust load outs.
There are some items keeping me from making this 5star:
1) it often can't "push to game". When that happens, I'm just looking at load outs; changes don't stick.
2) can't spend points to get new options. When I'm playing, I just want to *play*. Then when I'm at work, I want to spend the points to get the tracker scope on a SAW so that when I get home, I can *play*.
3) can't do equipment comparisons. I like the little bars that show just how BA the armor piercing bullets are compared to the silencer. You don't get those in the mobile app.
4) minor little things, like it doesn't recognize all of the camo, reticle options that I have access to in the game. No biggy.
A lot of improvements made
This app has come a long way! I have no issues with it anymore and I am glad changes have been made fixing bug issues such as crashing and not being able to log in through my Xbox Live account. I have the crappy iPhone 4 and everything surprisingly works great. I don't see how the newer phones can have problems with this app. It's probably just their phone provider.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 03, 2014
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 72.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Activision Publishing, Inc.
- © 2013 Activision Publishing, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.