By Yong Chen
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Paint 2 is an easy-to-use drawing tool and image editor which can help you to draw pictures and edit your existing photos. With it you can sketch and crop, rotate, scale images very easily. At the same time, you can and text onto images as you want. The app also supports layers, so you can re-edit them freely. Paint 2 is the free version of Paint Pro. It has some limitations. Please upgrade it to enable all functions if you think it is useful.
- Open and save images in TIFF, JPEG, PNG, BMP and many other popular formats.
- Support all kinds of tools, including fill, eyedropper, line, curve, rectangle, ellipse, text and so on.
- Support curved texts.
- Support layers.
- Full support for undo/redo/cut/copy/paste operation.
- Support transparency.
- Support shadow, gradient and reflection.
- Rotate/Crop/Resize/Flip images.
- Support grid and rulers.
- Select and remove unwanted elements of your images.
- Paste images from/to all other apps including Pages, Keynote, Safari, iBooks Author and so on.
- Save images with layers and re-edit them in the future.
- Print images directly.
Note: If you have any problems, please feel free to contact us with our support email:
What's New in Version 5.5.6
Fix some bugs.
1. Support curved texts in the full version.
Now you can right click a curved line, round rectangle or ellipse to show the context menu and then select the "Add Curved Texts" menu command to add curved texts.
2. Support snapping automatically.
Your layers will be placed and resized properly when you move and resize them.
3. Fix some bugs.
1. Canvas rulers and grids support inches, cm and mm.
1. Support reflection.
2. Add support for effects and filters. For example, adjust colours, blur, sharpen, black and white and so on. You can apply filters to a whole image or some part of it.
3. Support alignment. You can align your layers to a layout as you want.
4. Enhance pasting. Pasted layers will be placed at your mouse's position.
I am no profesional and I can’t draw, however I have been in the TV and Film biz for many years as well as being a musician. This is a very fine program once you get the hang of it. It does not have any brush strokes or capability to mix colors. I have seen them in some older programs that were great. The program has never crashed and I have had hundreds of levels, changes and fixes. Your manual is very minimal but at least you have one. I've used it heavily the last two months and am very satisfied.
Comparable to MS Paint, but better
I am not a computer whiz, but I am great with MS Paint. I switched to a Mac and had to find alternatives. This was the best that I have found. Now that I understand the concept of “layers” I appreciate how this app is better than Paint. I like how I can resize the shapes I add after adding them, but some of the navigation could be improved, in my opinion. Great app, and I purchased the full version, which was heartily worthe the ~$8.00.
Cheers, and happy painting.
I paid four dollars for this app. It is supposed to be mine now and now they expect me to pay two dollars a year just to keep it. They’ve given me something wonderful that allowed me to create beautiful art only to take it away from me, tell me it’s not mine anymore and that I can just rent it. I would give it no stars if it would let me. Be warned, do not buy this app, you won’t really be buying it because it’s a huge scam.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: May 15, 2017
- Version: 5.5.6
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yong Chen
- © 2013-2017 TryBest Studio
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to full version$7.99
- Paint 2 Pro MemberShip$2.99