Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Coursera, education is free, open, online - and now mobile!
Coursera connects students, professionals, and lifelong learners everywhere with free online courses from over 100 top-tier global universities and institutions. Browse courses and watch lectures from the world’s best instructors anytime, anywhere - on your commute or on the treadmill, whether you’re interested in cooking or computer science.
- Browse over 500 courses in more than 20 subject areas, from mathematics to music to medicine
- Enroll in courses and sign up for upcoming course notifications
- Learn from top instructors representing more than 100 partner institutions, including leading US and global universities
- Stream lectures online any time, or download for offline viewing
- Take courses in 12 languages including English, Chinese, French, Spanish, and Russian
- Education on your schedule - watch short, modular lectures during your train ride, coffee break, or any other downtime in your day
The Coursera app is the official companion to Coursera.org site - catch up on lectures and prepare for assignments on the go!
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Now a Universal app, Coursera fully supports iPad and iPhone for learning on the go!
- Your list of enrolled courses is now sorted into Present, Past, and Future
- Get push notifications when an enrolled course is about to start
First of all, Coursera website and the courses are awesome! This app though, not so much. You can’t sort the courses, so I have scroll past 20 courses that are going to start later this year, to get to courses going on right now - it’s ridiculous!
And of course, not having in-video quizzes or forums is not acceptable - these days, mobile apps having only 20-30% of functionality is not good.
Finally, there needs to be an iPad app! Some of the course lecture are totally unwatchable on the phone.
Please fix these as soon as you can and make this app as great as the website.
*Update* The universal app update fixes all the problems mentioned above and now it’s my favorite app! Great job, Coursera!
this is a good beginning. it lacks the 30 second jump backwards and forwards buttons. most importantly, it should have a "now playing" button (as iTunes U and AudioMark have), *and* it should not forget which video you are watching (and position within the video) unless another video is selected. it should remember this even if the application is closed, iOS reboots, etc. (even when *another* video is selected, it should remember where you were in the previous video next time you click on it.)
it would be good if edX, et al., had good support for mobile devices, also.
Highlight for already played videos
Issue so far is the difference in light grey already played videos and the slightly different light grey yet to be watched videos. Also navigation to find the current video is cumbersome when there are a lot of videos. Every time you hit the navigation page for videos you have to scroll from the top.
Looking forward to the finished product. Thanks.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 10, 2014
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Coursera, Inc.
- © 2013 Coursera, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.