Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Education for anyone, anytime, anywhere!
With Coursera, education is free, open, online - and now mobile!
Coursera connects students, professionals, and lifelong learners everywhere with free online courses from over 100 top-tier global universities and institutions. Browse courses and watch lectures from the world’s best instructors anytime, anywhere - on your commute or on the treadmill, whether you’re interested in cooking or computer science.
- Browse over 600 courses in more than 20 subject areas, from mathematics to music to medicine
- Enroll in courses and sign up for upcoming course notifications
- Learn from top instructors representing more than 100 partner institutions, including leading US and global universities
- Stream lectures online any time, or download for offline viewing
- Courses in 12 languages including over 500 in English, and over 100 in Chinese, French, Spanish, and Russian
-- Subtitles available in all courses' native language, with nearly all offering English subtitles, and other languages when available
- Education on your schedule - watch short, modular lectures during your train ride, coffee break, or any other downtime in your day
The Coursera app is the official companion to Coursera.org site - catch up on lectures and prepare for assignments on the go!
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Fixes and performance improvements
Good app but a few bugs
Generally like the app a lot, especially liking the option to save videos for offline viewing which helps during flight and subway travel.
A few bugs: taking quizzes and doing assignments is difficult. To get to the pages and then to submit both often takes many clicks. When I took a quiz it didn't load the grade screen ever and I had to check the index for my grade, which becomes a problem because then you cannot see which questions you got wrong. Also no support for peer review assignments, and you cannot make the text smaller on a page so I have to manually scroll horizontally to read which is very very very annoying as you can imagine.
Beyond that capabilities are good, app is fairly clean but could use some more ux options.
Great service + excellent app
Coursera is an all-around fantastic service. There are numerous excellent courses across many different disciplines to choose from. You have to be dedicated in order to stick with a course (being interested helps!), but they also do a good job of sending you weekly reminder emails for those courses you are enrolled in. Furthermore, the paid certificate route is an additional motivator for sticking with a course (yet still to be seen how valuable these will be to prospective employers, etc.). As far as the app, it is basically an easy and effective way to watch the videos and take basic quizzes. You will need a traditional computer for the more involved assignments, but that is to be expected. Top notch!
Great if your class works on it!
I loved the app until I started taking more classes and realized only 1 class out of 3 worked with the app. The other 2 classes showed up but I could only access the course overview and none of the actual course material.
I had contacted coursersa thru their web page for one of the classes tech help section and was told to keep updating my coursera app and hopefully they will get a fix. Well that was a month ago and still no fix! Such a bummer because when it does work, it works well...at least for the one class I had. I hope they are working on a fix and it is available soon as I do a lot of listening on my commute to work!
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 19, 2014
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 8.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Coursera, Inc.
- © 2013-2014 Coursera, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.