Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Panzer Corps has been hailed as the “the spiritual successor to the Panzer General series”. This award-winning turn-based strategy has been called by the press “…nothing short of brilliant” with high rankings and praises around the world. Brought to fruition by a team of experts and a community of hundreds of fan, Panzer Corps Wehrmacht has evolved into the ultimate strategy classic that will find a home on any wargamer’s shelf!
What the Press is saying:
* Pocket Tactics 5/5 "Panzer Corps for the iPad is damn near perfect"
* Pocket Gamer 80% "the most challenging and engrossing strategy experiences available on the iPad"
* Digitally Downloaded 90% "Panzer Corps is the perfect way to round out the year for armchair generals with iPads"
* Gamespot 80% - "Panzer Corps is a great turn-based strategic wargame that captures Panzer General's deep and involving classic gameplay."
* CPUGamer 90% - "Panzer Corps beats the pants off the competition."
* PC Games 85 - "Gameplay is just great and offers great tactical and strategical variety."
Set in World War II, Panzer Corps Wehrmacht puts players in the general’s tent in charge of the Axis armies, across 26 scenarios in one large campaign tree, carrying core forces through the war. This core force can gain experience and upgrade to new weaponry as it becomes available. With over 800 unit types, divided into 19 unit classes there is a huge amount to explore. Make use of your units strengths and your enemies weaknesses and seize victory.
Panzer Corps Wehrmacht replicates a classic wargame and upgrades it to 21st century standards for a new generation of wargamers, now also on your iPad!
Developed by Flashback Games Studio & The Lordz Games Studio and published by Slitherine, Panzer Corps is the ultimate wargaming experience.
At release will be also available all the 10 Grand Campaigns, Afrika Korps and Allied Corps as In-App Purchases!
The game is absolutely huge:
- 800 unit types, divided into 19 unit classes with 20 detailed parameters to identify units abilities, 17 terrain types affecting gameplay in various way.
- Base game includes a campaign with 26 scenarios combined into a large campaign tree with several entry points at various stages of the war. Depending on the outcome of each battle (decisive victory, marginal victory or defeat), the player will be faced with different challenges and progress along different parts of the campaign tree;
- Nations: all major and many minor nations are represented: Germany, Italy, Poland, France, Great Britain, USA, USSR, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands, Albania, Romania, Greece and more.
- Core units that travel with you throughout the campaign gaining experience and that can be upgraded as new weapon technologies become available. Units gain awards and heroes as they distinguish themselves.
- Hundreds of additional scenarios and expansions available as In App Purchases so the fun never ends! Includes the 10 Grand Campaign's, Grand Campaign Mega Pack, Allied Corps and Afrika Korps expansions!
- Cross platform asynchronous multiplayer using our PBEM++ server. The system even allows you to switch between PC and iPad so you can continue your games on different devices.
Visit www.panzer-corps.com for more information
What's New in Version 1.23
- Added full German and Russian translations
- Added separate controls for music and sfx
- Added "Sleep always" command (invoked via Unit Info screen)
- Added "discard truck" confirmations when embarking a unit
- Paratroopers can now be deployed on the ground or in the air, depending on the ground/air switch
- Fixed award/hero notifications during AI turn
- Fixed bonus difficulty levels (Guderian, Rommel and Manstein)
- Fixed issues with map jumping
- A host of other fixes and improvements
Very Good, with room for improvement
As a longtime player of the series, I think the developers did a very fine job with the iPad version.
After playing the PC version on a 20-inch monitor, I find it does take time to get accustomed to the small screen of the iPad. Once you add in the space taken by the sidebar, you end up looking at a rather small piece of the map. Of course you can zoom in and out, but all in all it feels a bit cramped. Maybe the ability to hide the sidebar could improve the feel of the game.
My iPad Air does get quite hot while playing the game, and the battery gets depleted rapidly, something that's not really an issue with the Shenandoa Studios' games, which of course were designed for the iPad from the start.
A feature I find missing is the ability to rename your core units. I use that feature on the PC to quickly identify which units are the strongest (for having received points in attack, initiative, defense, etc.). You will not find that feature here.
Having said that, a good game. If you want to play Panzer Corps while seated in your couch, or on the go, here is your solution for that.
YOU HAVE TOO BUY THIS GAME.
It's awesome. The best strategy game I ever played. And the company Slitherine is the best game maker ever. You guys keep up the good work.
If you liked SSI's Panzer General, you'll definitely appreciate this gem. It's perfect.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 24, 2014
- Version: 1.23
- Size: 637 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Slitherine Software UK Ltd.
- © 2013 Slitherine Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Give Me Everything!$59.99
- Allied Corps Expansion$14.99
- Afrika Korps Expansion$14.99
- Grand Campaign '39 Expansion$4.99
- Grand Campaign Mega Pack$39.99
- Grand Campaign '42 Expansion$4.99
- Grand Campaign '45 West Expansion$4.99
- Grand Campaign '41 Expansion$4.99
- Grand Campaign '40 Expansion$4.99
- Grand Campaign '44 East Expansion$4.99