NOAA Radar Pro – Weather Alerts & Forecast
By Apalon Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LIMITED TIME SALE! - 30% OFF! - DOWNLOAD NOW! Optimized for iOS 10!
Now on your Apple Watch! Watch out for severe weather! Stay up to date with warnings & alerts sent directly to your wrist and react immediately. Take just a Glance for a quick weather check and get 24-hour forecast with just a swipe.
NOAA Radar Pro is a powerful yet easy-to-use weather station right on your device. Real-time animated weather radar images on a highly interactive map enhanced with severe weather warnings and alerts won't let bad weather take you by surprise!
* Get a push notification whenever an alert is issued (tornadoes, flood warnings, snow storms, and more) without opening the app!
* Radar and Satellite overlays show real-time rain, snow, mixed precipitation, and cloud cover in high resolution and vivid colors.
* Rain map provides rain forecast for the range of next 24 hours right on the terrain map.
* Snow depth map. Get local and global view of current snow layer.
* The only app where all National Weather Service watches, warnings, and other alerts are shown on the map as interactive polygons covering the territories they're active for. Tap one to get the full alert text.
* Detailed Weather info for locations includes current conditions, 24-hour and 7-day forecasts, plus active alerts for practically any location in the USA.
* Hurricane Tracker displays past and current positions of tropical storms along with their forecasted path.
- Notification Center Widget. Get access to the current temperature, today’s Min and Max, weather forecast for the coming hours, with a single swipe
- Tropical storms & hurricane tracks with forecast right on the map
- Choose the number of frames, animation speed, set opacity for radar and satellite overlays
- Easy location search. Search by name, or just long tap any spot on the map to get detailed weather for it
- Bookmarks. Quickly switch between your favorite spots to see the weather there
- Background maps: standard, hybrid, satellite
- Precise weather data from the nearest weather station
- 24-hour and 7-day weather forecast for any location you choose
- Current and "Feels Like" temperature. Today’s Min and Max
- Chance of precipitation, humidity
- Pressure, wind speed, and visibility details, dewpoint info
- Sunrise & sunset time
Take your weather watching to the next level. Track the latest weather activity in smooth high-definition. See what weather is coming your way, and keep you and your family safe.
Radar images are available for the United States (Continental US, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico), Canada, Australia, European Union (the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy (western), Denmark (southeast), Poland (western), Czech Republic, Austria (northwestern), Japan.
Rain map, satellite images and detailed weather info is available worldwide.
Hurricane tracker provides Pacific and Atlantic coverage.
NWS watches, warnings, advisories – the USA only.
What's New in Version 3.16
- Introducing weather reporting. The app now allows anyone to be a weather reporter. Confirm the weather or report your weather conditions and take part in improving our data and forecasts.
- Performance improvements you won't necessarily notice but definitely enhancing your experience with the app.
Thank you for your continuous support and comments! Do not hesitate to share your feedback with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
People were complaining about large location icons, fast radar time lapse, etc. Well guess what? There's options to change those in Settings! Just because you're not App Savvy doesn't mean you should give bad ratings and complain. I'm a 47 year-old single mother and if I can figure out what the circular gear icon symbol means and tap it to find the settings you can too!
You can also choose map or satellite imagery, the degree of clarity on the coverage of the "clouds" so you can still see what city it is. Change the speed of the playback. How long do you want that red pin with the nice, visible print for the location to stay there? 10 seconds or 1 minute? I think there were 4 options.
Those are just the ones I looked at before the "please rate the app" popped up.
I really like it and find it functional, accurate (so far), and not too difficult for a grandmother to use. If you can't figure it out, get your kids to help. 😊
Clean and clear weather information at your fingertips
Like so many others, I also migrated to NOAA Radar Pro from the Storm app after they reverted to an ad-only version. Too bad. It was very nice and used crowd sourcing for exceptional data.
This app is exceptionally clean in appearance. It's something you're not likely to think about until five flavors of weather hit your area at the same time and everything gets cluttered up. The option to view as a road map format or satellite view is great, especially if you're traveling. Everything is presented in an easy to see and logical manner with numerous options for display. This is important for those of us who don't have the best of vision. Great job on a great app!
I've had this app for sometime now. I must admit I was skeptical and doubted a weather app. Mainly because there are so many out there that well just plain stink. This one however is reliable and provides several tools to effectively forecast the weather. After almost 2 year I am very pleased with the app!
Updated- 4/3/17, I've noticed that since about the December of 2016, the accuracy of forecast has been slipping. I check this app three or four times a day, and there have been times where the weather has totally changed in the matter of hours. This isn't isolated dates, it's occurring often, I wonder if they switched to a sub par monitoring system or something like that? If I am confusing you, let me put it this way. The iPhone weather app has been more reliable over this same period.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 3.16
- Size: 82.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
- © 2014-2016 IAC Search & Media Technologies Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.