"This app is awesome...my coach has a high tech hand held police grade radar gun...we put this app to the test and it didn't fail" - CurtisR33
"Super simple to setup (be sure to check out the very helpful videos) and very accurate" -Peace
"It took awhile to set up the location of the phone but after that, it worked so well...more affordable than a real radar gun and the same accuracy" -Fierygloberr674
Please note before you purchase!
• Outdoor use only
• Speed radar capability requires iPhone 5S or higher, iPad 3rd Gen or higher, iPad Mini 2nd Gen or higher needed.
• Selfie mode requires iPhone 6S or higher
Athla Velocity is the only video radar that outperforms PocketRadar and matches a $1,200 Stalker II Pro Doppler.
See our "battlefield" of five speed radars at athla.com/radar
No longer do you have to tap the screen or ask a second person to hold your device. Velocity is the first video speed radar to work hands-free and calibrate within 0.3mph of a $1,200 Doppler.
• Velocity Free Edition gives you free shots to begin. You can ask friends for additional free shots.
• You can buy shots packs or entire radars.
• Velocity Ultimate Edition unlocks all the radars for a single price.
Transform your iPhone or iPad into a revolutionary video camera speed radar!
AS SEEN IN
• Apple's Commercial "Change is in the Air" Game Changing Apps
• "Best App Across Multiple Sports" Finalist Sports Technology Awards
• Finalist TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Battlefield Top 26 from over 700 companies
• Gold Award for Sports & Recreation -- Davey Awards
• Inc. Magazine, Mashable.com, and CNN
• Tabby Awards - Finalist for Best Sports App
Audiences can download the Free version to connect and see your speeds from the stands.
COMPLETELY HANDS FREE
• No longer tap or hold your device to get your speeds
• Simply place your iPhone or iPad about 5 feet away and 20 feet to the side then kick, pitch or serve in-line and in-view of your device.
• The speed of your baseball pitch, soccer kick, cricket bowl, or tennis serve appears on the surface of your device.
• Velocity uses only the camera in your device.
• Use Velocity on a field, rink or court, or simply in a backyard at home.
HIGHEST ACCURACY AVAILABLE
• Velocity calibrates to within +/- 0.3 mph of the Stalker II Pro ® , a $1,200 speed radar used by over 30 professional teams.
• The accuracy exceeds Doppler radars on balls with vertical trajectories.
• See athla.com/blog for calibration details and more
DISCOVER YOUR INNER ATHLETE
• Five sports available now: Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Cricket and Soccer
• Discover the speed of your pitches, serves, and kicks
• Over 500,000 data points are trackable. Track your improving speeds across coaching sessions, the sports season, or across several years.
• Share speeds with coaches to show what you have achieved.
BRING THE STADIUM HOME
• Mirror your speeds on up to seven other devices
• Bring the stadium experience home to your own community.
• Audiences can see the speeds as players practice or play similar to professional games.
• Add Bluetooth speakers, turn on “Voice Announce”, and Velocity will speak the speeds to the team or an audience.
• Optimized for outdoor use only.
• 130 mph max speed on iPhone 6S or above
• 110 mph max speeds: on iPad Air, iPad 4th Gen, iPad 3rd Gen, iPad Mini 2nd Gen, and iPhone 5s+
• 100 mph max speed for iPhone 5 and 5c.
Velocity by Athla - Rediscover the Power of Play
• Start with Free Shots for all radars
• Get more Free Shots by asking friends
• You can buy Shot Packs instead of entire radars
• A new video view mode shows what the camera sees
• Selfie Mode is live for iPad 7, 8, X & iPad Pro and autodetects for other devices
Ratings and Reviews
Glitch caused me to lose $12
This app glitched when I was exploring the settings so I tried to double click the home button to reset the app, but when doing so it read my fingerprint and used it for a $12 in app purchase. I do not even know what I bought and I am not happy that poor design lead me to lose $12 to this app I was planning on deleting.
Great app! Easy and accurate.
My friend set it up at Golden Gate Park with the Varsity Boys Gateway High School Baseball team. They threw pitches for over half an hour and it picked up virtually every one. Ten kids lined up to test their throws and then kept getting back in line. Most kids threw in the 50s. The pitcher threw as high as 69mph. Even a girl from the stands came down and threw in the 40s. Then one kid on the team, who wasn't even a pitcher, threw a 78 mph ball. The kids gasped and thought it was a mistake - but then he threw them again and again. He had no idea he had such a great arm. The pitcher said, "you should try out! We need more pitchers!" The team was second in the league at the time. It makes you wonder how many other kids out there have hidden talent and don't even realize it! Not sure why the other reviewer had a problem. Just be sure no one moves during the pitch if they are standing in view of the device. At 10x cheaper than the least expensive radar out there - this is a great app!
- Athla LLC
- 95.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Athla LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Velocity: Baseball speed radar $11.99
- Velocity: Tennis speed radar $11.99
- Velocity: Soccer speed radar $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.