PDF Cabinet - Read, Annotate, Collaborate
By MOTECH LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PDF Cabinet focuses on the essential features for PDF reading, review and annotation, and it makes everything simple again, just like with real paper. Only much better.
It is the first app for PDF reading and annotation that doesn't overwhelm you with menus, buttons, settings and options. It was designed from scratch to allow focusing on your documents, without thinking how the application works.
THINGS WE ARE PROUD OF
- Still probably the most polished PDF reader on the App Store
- Really effortless PDF annotation
- Only the most essential functionality – don't lose yourself in hundreds of buttons
- Intuitive user interface that allows you to do exactly what you want
- Fast and easy document skimming and review with thumbnails sidebar
- Ultimate performance – optimized for really large documents (within reason, of course)
- Annotations sharing - send annotated documents to anyone, and mark up will show up in any other reader
- Interaction with other Cabinet users - send annotations only to your friends or colleagues using Cabinet – much faster, less traffic
- Real-time collaboration with your friends or colleagues – annotate the same document together from several iPads
EVEN MORE GREAT THINGS IN CABINET
- Amazing dynamic annotation menu – see it in action – http://bit.ly/Cabinet-App
- Empty notebooks for quick note taking or doodling
- Pen and Paper Games for relaxing during non-working hours
- Sending multiple documents attached in a single e-mail
- Easy work with various document formats - such as .doc, .xls, .ppt and others
Did we tell you already that Cabinet is really easy to use? Try it out yourself!
What's New in Version 2.4.6
Thank you for your feedback! We want to keep PDF Cabinet the best and the most polished PDF reader, and your thoughts and ideas are very important. Don't hesitate to drop us a line if you want to see a particular feature implemented or if you experience any issues.
Fixed in 2.4.6:
- Squashed a nasty bug related to annotations
Fixed in 2.4.5:
- Better support for native PDF annotations
- Improved performance
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
It's one of my TOP FAVORITE apps!
I'm updating my review to say that this app is one of my FAVORITES! I use it almost every day to save art tutorials, recipes, photography information, etc, to create PDF files from articles which I find on Safari.
It is simple. It is fast. It works directly from the Share button on Safari. Occasionally the website in question will block all PDF creation but that is rare and that's not Cabinet's fault.
A cabinet PDF will shows (all the photos) but the first photo presented in the document is visible on the file (I love the immediate visual reminder). If you want to save the file as a smaller version you can toggle the simplify button and just get the text and no ads.
It's easy to create folders for organizing the PDFs within Cabinet or you can move them to Box or the iCloud Drive or Dropbox. It looks there are more saving options but I must not have the apps for that.
This app is sort of like Evernote, in that you can see the photo of what you have saved and you can organize notes into notebooks, but there is no storage cap or premium membership cost. (Cabinet WILL store the files on your device and use memory space unless you move the files to a cloud and delete them from the Cabinet app). Either way, Cabinet makes it very simple!
A big thank you to the developers! This app makes my iPad hugely useful.
Really wanted to love this
Was looking for the best way to store PDFs online and edit them. At first this app was a godsend--integrated well with Box, syncing worked great, and the notations and highlighting were better than in any other app. That said, eventually I ran into two problems. First, it would randomly close on me on occasion, usually at some in opportune moment when I needed to pull up something in a meeting at work. Second, and the one that broke the camel's back, was that I uploaded a large number of files to the Box account and it just stopped syncing. The only explanation I got from tech support was that I probably had too many files. :shrug:
Really liked the notations and highlighting functions, but eventually migrated over to PDF Expert, and it's been rock solid--a more reliable choice.
This highlighter app could get a 5-star rating and would become my all-time favorite highlighter if, when transferred to other apps via "open in", it retained the beautiful highlight colors which show up in Cabinet. Unfortunately, when transferred to Adobe Reader, Goodreader, and other PDF apps, those beautiful colors open up as murky, dark, and heavily browned. The bright, lovely highlight colors are no longer there. This transfer-dulling effect does not happen with other highlighter apps, so perhaps this is is something which could be easily corrected? Otherwise, the fact that Cabinet will highlight photo PDFs as well as text PDFs makes this app invaluable. Please do not change this.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 23, 2015
- Version: 2.4.6
- Size: 83.2 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: MOTECH LTD
- © MOTECH LTD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.