By Tinrocket, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
See the world like an artist! You don’t need to paint to create beautiful watercolor images—Waterlogue captures the essence of your photos in brilliant, liquid color.
• “…with Waterlogue, it’s clear that there’s a very thoughtful human touch behind the app’s painterly algorithms.” —WIRED, Mar., 2014
• “…Waterlogue is going to utterly amaze you, as it’s the first app I’ve seen that gives results that really look like a watercolor painting.” —Cult of Mac, Dec., 2013
• “Watercolor apps may not be a new idea, but Waterlogue does it in a gorgeous, intuitive way, and it’s quite a pleasure to use.” —AppAdvice.com, Dec., 2013
• “Waterlogue App (from Tinrocket) looks awesome!” —Jack Hollingsworth, Photographer, via Twitter @photojack, Dec. 12, 2013
• “It goes beyond typical Photoshop watercolor filters because it has more visual intelligence, and more of the feel of the real paint.” —James Gurney, Artist and Author of Dinotopia, gurneyjourney.blogspot.com, Dec., 2013
• “Ever since digital imagery came into its own over 20 years ago, there have been attempts to mimic traditional media. Where others have failed, Waterlogue nails it.” —PatrickSaunders.com, Dec., 2013
THIS WEEK: App Store Featured! "Picture-Perfect Posts"
Splish! Splash! Sploosh! A whale of a THANK YOU to our now 300,000+ Waterlogue users! We are beyond happy that the app has found its way into so many hands. Keep it watery!
• See the world like an artist!
• Transform your photos into luminous watercolors.
• Use your watercolors to create an artist’s journal or notebook.
• Share you watercolors on Instagram, Twitter and other social media.
• Universal App for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
• From the creator of Percolator and Popsicolor for iOS.
• 12 pre-set styles to customize your watercolors by controlling wetness, pen outlines and color.
• Image export at high resolution
• Adjust borders, lightness, and detail
• Includes example images
Waterlogue runs advanced image processing software for the highest possible quality watercolor rendering. It produces wonderful images on any device that runs iOS 7, but your rendering times will be shorter on newer, faster devices. Below are the processing times for some typical devices:
iPad mini with Retina display.....10s
iPod touch, 5th generation.....31s
(Times are in seconds; Processing used example image: “West 14th street” at Medium size)
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS 7 and greater. Maximum rendering detail and export resolution depend on each device's capability.
Have a question? Remember: we can't respond to App Store reviews, so email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Follow @WaterlogueApp on Twitter and Instagram for the latest!
• Like Waterlogue app on Facebook.com/Waterlogue
What's New in Version 1.0.1
December 18, 2013: Thank you! The response to Waterlogue has been extremely positive. This is a very minor update to 1.0. What’s new:
• "Minor fixes" related to saving and export
Waterlogue 1.0 is just the start—we have a lot of great ideas that we will be implementing over the next year. :)
If you like Waterlogue, please consider leaving an App Store review or rating. Every review counts and helps small developers like ourselves.
Remember: We’re here to help, so if you have a question or need help, email us at: email@example.com
John & Bob
Hits it out of the park
Once again John Balestrieri / Tin Rocket proves he knows digital art better than any designer/programmer around. He seems to understand both the coding and the artistic, painting sides of things.
Unlike most "watercolor" filters or apps that just blur the colors and add a "find edges" overlay, Waterlogue seems to actually replicate the way water color paintings are created.
For those complaining that this app won't turn their dark blurry photos into works of art worthy of Andrew Wyeth-- GIGO. You need to start with a good photo in the first place to get a good result. It doesn't hurt to open the image in an image editor first to tweak it a bit-- blur the background if you don't want too much detail behind your subject, sharpen areas where you'd like to see lifework appearing, etc. Tweaking and playing with the images is part of the fun.
Along with Percolator, this is now one of my favorite image manipulation apps. Just eagerly awaiting an iPad version of Painty (hint hint) :-)
I have purchased a couple previous apps by these guys. "Popsicolor" was a good first draft to this latest effort. The results you can achieve in Waterlogue are just astounding.
I sometimes paint with a small travel kit of watercolors, but the more I've gotten into photography on my trips, the less I've used it. Now, with this app, I wonder if I'll ever pick up the brush again.
The images I've gotten with Waterlogue are even better than the App Store examples. The processing must be huge—it takes 20sec or so to render a large image on my iphone5.
I do wish it was possible to do a bit more tweaking within the app. There is already a large assortment of "styles" to choose from, as well as lightening/darkening. Still, I wish I could selectively apply dry-brush or wet blending techniques to portions of the image. But that might be too hard computationally (or muck up the UX). Just a suggestion.
In any case, congratulations to the developers!
If you got this app during the limited time sale, you scored a bargain. It's stunning. The images look so good you wonder if it's too fraudulent to hang them on a wall. It works best on landscape photos and unless they're lit and composed just the right way, the detail in human faces is lost and everyone gets "melty" faces. Had no problems using it on iPhone 5S and iPad 3. It's not instant but part of the joy is watching it process the image... "Painting" it layer by layer. I've killed half hours at a time, experimenting with the images in my device's camera roll. Try it on sculptures, action figures, anything stylized... It churns out more pleasant surprises than the ugly disasters that other filter/effect apps spit out. I'm looking forward to waterloguing images of friends and family's favorite spots, homes, etc. and seeing if they'll print out well enough as gifts.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 41.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tinrocket, LLC
- © Tinrocket, LLC; Chromatic Bytes, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.