Go To Bed - Bedtime Reminders and Sleep Tracking
By Daylen Yang
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Go To Bed encourages you to sleep more. Get reminded when it's your bedtime, track your sleep, and compete with your friends!
- REMINDERS. Go To Bed will send push notifications to you when it's your bedtime.
- SLEEP TRACKING. Just press the "Start sleeping" button before you go to bed and the "Wake up" button when you wake up. Your sleeps are stored in the Health app and can be synced to the cloud.
- LEADERBOARDS. Compete against your Facebook friends! On the Leaderboard, you'll see how much sleep you and your friends get on average over the last week.
- SUPPORT FOR HEALTH APP. Go To Bed fully supports iOS 8 Health and even automatically imports sleeps from other apps, so your leaderboard ranking stays up-to-date.
Stop pulling all nighters. Download Go To Bed and never forget to sleep again.
What's New in Version 2.1
- [New] Save sleeps to the iOS 8 Health app. Now you can track your sleep without logging in.
- [New] Sleep sync with offline support. If you are logged in, Go To Bed can work offline and syncs your sleeps when you get back online.
- [New] Background sleep import. If you use a different app to track your sleep, Go To Bed automatically updates your leaderboard ranking in the background, without you having to open the app.
- [Improved] Removed the annoying "please enable notifications" prompt.
- [Improved] Leaderboard and History tabs now display helpful tips if there is no content to show.
Have a question or comment? Use the feedback button in the app to send an email directly to me. And if you like Go To Bed, please rate me on the App Store!
Simply Solves my Issue
There are a ton 'sleep analysis' apps out there. They monitor movement or noise and stay active all night in order to analyze the 'quality' of sleep.
I just wanted a simple way to track the 'quantity' of sleep I was getting so I could try and improve it.
I would actually have been fine with just using the built-in Health app to do this except that it has some unfortunate shortcomings in this regard. In the Health app you have to enter both the 'in bed' and 'out of bed' date/time at the same time. So you either have to predict when you're going to actually get up the next morning or remember the time you actually went to bed the night before. AND the Health app does not let you edit any previous entries, so you can't estimate it the night before and correct it in the morning.
The 'Go to Bed' app solves this problem simply. There is a button for going to bed, one for waking up and the app writes that info correctly to the Health app. Done. Simply.
I can also review my quantity of sleep history as text in the app or a chart of that history in the Health app.
It's not one of the most stylistically designed apps I've come across, but it has a nice app icon and communicates clearly what to do. It does what I was looking for.
Messed up sleep schedule? This will help.
I have a really bad habit of staying up too late and thinking, “I'll go to bed after [whatever] in 15 mins.”
A few video game levels later and I realize it's 3 a.m. 😳😩
Since I have ADHD, I will procrastinate going to bed.
This app has pretty much eliminated that. It warns me 30 mins before bedtime—giving me time to transition tasks. If I ignore it, it sends semi-judgy alerts for every 5 mins I've stayed up past my bedtime. 🌙💤
By getting the notification alerts (especially on my Apple Watch) it's as if my mom is here nagging at me constantly until I'm like “FINE I'M GOING TO BED, HAPPY?!”
The other amazing benefit is that it tracks my sleep and syncs with HealthKit. Being able to visualize how much sleep I'm getting has helped tremendously. 💛
Also: love the editing and ease of use. The UI gets out of the way (thank you) so that it's easy to track, edit and hit sleep.
It let's me edit the sleep—something that other apps haven't done. This makes it more accurate for nights when I can't seem to fall asleep or I forget to tap “Wake Up.”
I've tried other sleep tracking apps and this has been the only one that has stuck.
Many thanks to the devs/designers on this. It's made my life better so far. 👏🏼😚
One request: Watch extension for starting / stopping? Plz?
Exactly As Promised, and More
I have a problem with staying up later than I should, doing "one last thing" every 10 minutes. I wanted an app to nudge me to bed repeatedly to help with this.
Not only did it do that, and well, it works better than I thought. Sometimes I'll ignore notifications if I don't want to deal with them, but this reads them out loud without any way to turn them off until it's done reading. These judge-y messages are oddly effective, like having a parent repeatedly tell you to sleep.
Five stars for doing exactly as promised and expected, and doing it well at that.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 24, 2015
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 16.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Daylen Yang
- © 2015 Daylen Yang
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.