Ratchet & Clank: BTN
By Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ratchet and Clank: Before the Nexus™ brings the excitement of infinite running to the classic Ratchet and Clank™ franchise. Fight off Vendra and Neftin Prog as well as their assortment of evil minions, including the return of Thugs 4 Less! Hop between grindrails while avoiding hazards to collect bolts that can be used to upgrade Ratchet's weapons and armor. Collect Raritanium, which can be synced with your PSN℠ account and used in the exciting new PS3™ game Ratchet and Clank: Nexus™.
- Characters from the all new Ratchet and Clank: Nexus PS3 game.
- Sync Raritanium picked up in Ratchet and Clank: Before the Nexus with the PS3 version of Ratchet and Clank: Nexus.
- Exciting endless grindrail/running action! Jump between rails to avoid hazards.
- Classic weapons from the Ratchet and Clank franchise including the Buzz Blades, Predator Launcher, and R.Y.N.O.m
- Purchase gadgets using collected bolts to extend gameplay even further! Thwart your foes with the Tornado Launcher or send them into a funk-induced craze using the Groovitron.
What's New in Version 1.1
Please read it all. Thank you
This app is great. They finally made a Ratchet and Clank app. I was so happy to download it, and play it. Yes, it's a version of Subway Surfers, but yet it has it's own twist to it that keeps the ratchet and clank theme. For those of you who are experiencing the app crashing at the "Sony Entertainment" title screen. All you have to do is tap the screen and It loads. There are few bugs with this game. But the worst has to be the lag. I'm on an iPhone 4(like most people) and it lags like crazy, if that can be fixed this app would deserve 5 stars. The graphics are alright and the gameplay keeps you interested. It's a good app with little annoying bugs that can be fixed. I recommend it after an update..
The game itself is okay at best. The controls are a bit stiff and it's a runner, not a true Ratchet and Clank game.
The real reason for the one star is due to this being a filler game that's made to point you to the console game. Which is fine I guess, but I want the real game.
If you really want to point me to your new games through the iPad/iPhone, then bring some of the older games to our devices. Games like the original Ratchet and Clank, the original C.T.R. (Crash Team Racing), or even OddWorld!
Bravo to some of the other developers who are putting out quality games like Final Fantasy, or the newly released, and my favorite, Knights Of The Old Republic!
Get with it and you will win!
Nice idea, but...
On my iPhone 4 (newest iOS) this app has terrible stability. When I try to jump or switch lanes, it usually lags so much I end up getting hit and then dying soon after. Then when I get to the boss, even with a fully upgraded shotgun, I can't beat it! I press to shoot with one hand and jump with the other, constantly hitting them, with no success! If another update does come out, both the stability and difficulty need to be addressed. The only reason why it's a three star, is because it's Ratchet & Clank.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 20, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 60.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
- ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Small Crate of Bolts$1.99
- Large Crate of Bolts$9.99
- Medium Crate of Bolts$4.99