One Spear Arena
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
One Spear Arena is an action arena spear-em-up. Fight your opponents on randomly generated maps with JUST ONE SPEAR.
Move around the single-screen area by tapping where you want to go. Tap and hold to throw your spear to get kills and complete objectives. Each player gets only one spear, and they have to go pick up their own spear once they've thrown it.
- iPad2/mini+, iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4th Gen recommended
- iOS 4.3+
- Game Center support for leaderboards and achievements
- 3 map types, in 2 variants each
- 3 game modes
- total of 18 unique combinations, each with its own leaderboards
- 45 achievements
Every game is played on a unique map, with randomly generated features. Players complete objectives across 3 modes and 6 maps. The spears are physically modelled and players can pull off a variety of trick and advanced throws as they improve their skills. Increase your score by accumulating multipliers, killing opponent and completing objectives.
Jungle & Jungle II maps are filled with explosive barrels -- use them to your advantage.
Snow Storms & Snow Storm II maps are covered in snow -- you must throw your arrow in the fight direction to compensate for the direction of the storm.
Volcano & Volcano II maps feature Volcanoes! Watch out for the exploding lava.
Spear Match is the classic death match-style kill everyone mode. Get as many kills as you can. Increase your multiplier by getting kills without missing.
Capture the Flag makes you capture markers on the map to increase your multiplier. Hold on to them (by keeping opponents away) to avoid losing your multiplier and increase your score.
Death Race gives you a series of relays you have to get to before they expire. Scoring high means not missing a relay and trying to get some kills along the way.
One Spear Arena was recently shown at Indiecade East and got fantastic response -- thanks to all those who played ;)
What's New in Version 1.1.107
- New name! The game's now called "One Spear Arena"
- Improved spear landing / velocity fall-off... spears stop slightly quicker when they hit the ground and, most importantly, don't kill you when resting (you can walk over them as soon as they appear to be still)
- Some new tips on how to cancel a throw and how to skin after a kill
- Fixed bug whereby your global rank for map would show on the mode rank label, and vice versa
Really fun and I recommend it to everyone
I'm unhappy with this app.
I can't turn the music off. We play silently here. We're not the only ones. I'm NOT going to adjust my sound every time I play, and then again every time I quit. I really wouldn't want YOU selecting my music anyway.
I really can't speak to the quality of the game, or the game play. Noisy games are not welcome. They are deleted immediately.
One star is as low as I can give.
I love this app. It pleasantly surprised me. Great!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 13, 2014
- Version: 1.1.107
- Size: 45.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Productivity Balloon Ltd
- © 2014 36peas / Productivity Balloon Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.