Crazy Cursive Letters - Joined Up Writing
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Crazy Cursive Letters allows you to practice cursive (joined up), letter and word forming and have fun! A new crazy character/ scene is unlocked with every 4 words written correctly. You can choose your preferred style of cursive writing in settings.
You can also use Crazy Cursive to help learn a new language! Select from American English, UK English, French, German, Italian or Spanish words and phonics.
Your child can practice writing the top 100 words in cursive style and can also type in their own words to practice. Letters are sounded out phonetically to allow your child to develop skills of breaking down words which is particularly useful for children with Dyslexia.
Thank you to the Teachers, Children and Parents of Fairlawn School London for your support and feedback. Special thanks to Fairlawn Teachers for being inspiringly Crazy for Cursive!
10 Benefits of Teaching Cursive Handwriting
1.Relative ease in introducing cursive penmanship to preschoolers.
2.Prevents reversals and confusion of letters
3.Enhances spelling ability
4.Develops internal control systems that can be used as tool for learning
5.Potential for errors are diminished
6.Improved reading skills
7.Enforces the skills for patterns in reading and writing
8. Prevents erratic spaces between letters and words
9. Helps Left Handed Children
10.Use as a tool to put thoughts on paper quickly and easily
We should teach our children ‘Cursive First, Print Later’.
Source: Samuel L. Blumenfield, "How Should We Teach Our Children to Write? Cursive First, Print Later!"
The British Dyslexia association recommend that children learn the continuous cursive style. The cursive style has some significant advantages for Dyslexic students. The key advantages to this system are:
* By making each letter in one movement, children’s hands develop a ‘physical memory’ of it, making it easier to produce the correct shape;
* Because letters and words flow from left to right, children are less likely to reverse letters which are typically difficult (like b/d or p/q);
* There is a clearer distinction between capital letters and lower case;
* The continuous flow of writing ultimately improves speed and spelling.
What's New in Version 1.5
Thanks for all of the feedback, keep it coming! Minor Bug fix.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 03, 2014
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: madebyeducators Limited
- © MadeByEducators
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.