Man at Arms TD: Pocket Edition
By Inert Soap
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
(Have an iPad, but also like to play on your phone? If you buy the iPad version, we'll gift you the phone version for free. E-mail email@example.com for info!)
The hit iPad strategy game Man at Arms is now available for your phone! Play fast-paced action gaming with hundreds of units, then collect unique cards to increase the strength of your army!
* Dozens of levels across multiple game chapters. Sweat in the dusty canyons, trek through dense forest, or trudge through the swamps.
* Face off against all manner of twisted foes, and battle them back with soldiers, healers, knights, magical elemental creatures, and more. Watch dozens of cartoon characters battle with fist and magic!
* Build a deck out of cards that are as deadly as they are beautiful. Use them to curse your enemies, add extra power to your attacks, or hurl lightning down upon your foe.
* Online Competition: Send your levels to your friends to play. Defend your levels against hordes sent by your Game Center friends, then build your own rampaging army and attack them back!
* Dozens of towers and magical powers to construct and upgrade. Hundred of card combinations enhance the towers, defenders, monsters, and abilities.
* Choose your challenge: play through on an easier mode at first, or earn the highest honors by playing in Master mode!
* Complete a variety of achievements for fame and fortune.
* Everything is fully HD artwork for your Retina display!
What's New in Version 1.3
Our biggest content update ever!
- 4 new campaign levels
- New Prestiege levels for veteran players
- 6 new monsters with unique powers
- 24 new cards
- Dozens of new power upgrades
- Hundreds of new card modifications
- Improved Game Center PvP
- Improved graphics
- Plus approximately 7,523,523 balance tweaks and bug squashings! :)
As always, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments!
Good bug with problems
The gameplay is overall well done and very similar to Kingdom Rush, except of course the card/deck mechanic, which is a nice change.
However there are some UI issues like text being placed over very busy content making it hard to read. The deck manipulation window is also weird in the way the cards move - just takes some getting used to.
The biggest problem though is the magic card combining shop is introduced before there's any way to buy cards. This means you can end up completely screwing up your basic deck if you're not paying attention or aware of what you're doing (and the tutorial doesn't make it clear exactly how it works or that you won't be able to immediately get more basic cards to replace the ones you're sacrificing). I was just messing around with combining when I realized I had lost my second level barracks and first level catapult. So now I can't build a catapult at all and can't expand my barracks above lvl 1. What I do have are some great looking level four cards...yeah, that's helpful for early on. :p This shop shouldn't become available until/unless there's another shop to buy and sell cards.
Great TD, interface needs tweaking
I love the combo of Tower defense + card game. And the added ability to combine cards gives a nice way to tweak a team over time, while also adding a fear of loss.
However, I regularly find myself clicking on thing unintentionally. Overlaps of the towers and chest drops, for example, make it hard to collect without doing an unwanted upgrades and rally point changes.
But I would only take off a half star for that. I like the game itself enough to give it 5 stars, since I cannot do halves.
The learning curve is moderate. The game helps at certain points but leaves you stranded in others. I mixed cards and got some rare ones, but then I had no way to continue playing because I sacrificed my lower level cards. Where is an option to buy more cards?? I had to delete my saved game and start over. Game crashes sporadically.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 28, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 95.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Inert Soap, LLC
- © 2014 Inert Soap
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cottage of Gems$4.99
- Wagon of Gems$2.99
- Cart of Gems$1.99
- Bucket of Gems$0.99
- Gem Doubler$0.99
- Castle of Gems$9.99