sBASSdrum Drum and Groove Machine
By Sequence Mediaworks LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The amazingly easy to use sBASSdrum drum machine and synthesizer let's you blast off to new sonic realms with your iPad! Instantly add DJ-style filter/resonance effects, loop your performance, and keep it looping in the background to play another app's audio over it.
Designed for novices with super-simple operation: play both drums and music with just two thumbs! Or team up with a friend and each person can play a different side of the screen. Perfect for kids or kids at heart!
IT'S A DRUM MACHINE
- 6 special drums pads can play more than one sound
- Optimized workflow for 1-finger operation
- No lag switching between kits
IT'S A SYNTHESIZER
- Instantly make harmony without knowing piano or music!
- Hand-crafted patches great for dance, pop, and jazz styles
- Super easy interface splits bass, melody, and accent keys
- Based on a rich sample library
IT'S A LOOPER
- Punch Record to create a loop, Play to begin immediate looping
- Add any amount of overdubs you want!
- Leave it running while switching to another app to have a background beat!
IT'S GOT EFFECTS
- A single X/Y control pad gives you quick access to built in low-pass and high-pass filter effects
- Do DJ-style filter sweeps and resonance overdriving
AND IT'S A SPACESHIP
- Seriously. It's a spaceship. That's a music instrument.
- Did we mention it's a spaceship?
You'll never need to know that under the cute exterior beats the heart of a custom-built event-based multitimbral sampler engine capable of playing hundreds of samples at once on an optimized floating-point audio pipeline. As avid musicians, coders, and designers, we would want no less than a pro-spec system ourselves. This app is just the beginning...
Notes: AudioBus and Inter-App Audio not supported (yet!). On-screen only, no MIDI input (yet!).
Enjoy your trip to outersbass!
Get Your Geek On!
sBASSdrum is a serious blast to play (pun, intended)! Turn up the volume, soak in the futuristic visuals, and let your fingers do the flying. The sound samples and looping functionality are great fun for creative layering! I can’t wait to see what’s on the (event) horizon for the upcoming features!
P.S. There appears to be a typo in the Klingon press release for sBASSdrum. It says, "QoQ ‘ay’ muchlu’taH ‘ej muchlu’taHvIS nom SIghlaH” when it should say, “Chumba wumba, ho-tah-tow-tah Solo. Sum pee-cha lay. Yub nub. Ee-wachee-no ‘Wub.’"
Great Sbass Coaster, get on board!
What you see in the image is what you get. This is mostly a toy music making device. It’s got a simple loop recorder (that you overdub over the longer you play), decent sounding drum kits, sample FX, and synth pads. Great for a beginner who just wants to experiment with some loops and beats without trying too hard, but even better for a child to make some fun electronic music and providing a friendly interface to play with.
Oh yeah! Fun!
I love creating music but I'm not good at it. Sbassdrum is retro cool and allows you to create, record, and just straight JAM on it! Totally fun for adults and kids- just get into it and try the record functions. The cool thing is you can create beat loops and continue to overlay music on top until you have a complex sound. The more you play with it the more you realize how powerful it is. Totally worth the buy!