Paper – stories from Facebook
By Facebook, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore and share stories from friends and the world in immersive designs and fullscreen, distraction-free layouts. Paper includes your Facebook News Feed and sections about your favorite topics.
• Browse stories from your Facebook News Feed in beautiful new layouts.
• Customize your Paper with sections about your favorite themes and interests.
• Unfold beautifully designed article covers for news and stories from trusted sources.
• Tilt the screen to explore vivid high-resolution photos and see details up close.
• Watch fullscreen videos that come to life and fill the screen.
• Use simple, natural movements to thumb through Paper uninterrupted.
• Craft your own stories and see exactly what your posts will look like before you share them.
What's New in Version 1.2
What’s New in Paper 1.2
Thanks for trying Paper 1.2. We’re excited to bring you this update, which includes a bunch of features you’ve asked us for:
• Editing your profile pic and cover photo: Want to freshen up your profile? Tap your current profile picture or cover photo to choose new images, resize, crop and update them right in Paper. Voila!
• Photo tags: To see who’s tagged in a photo, tap the arrow and then choose View Photo Tags. You can even zoom in and tilt your phone to explore all the tags in a photo.
• Mentions: Now when you start typing a friend’s name in a post, you can tag them to let them know about the story. Mentions in comments also work more smoothly, so it's easier to let specific people know about what you've said or shared.
• Trending section: This new section gives you a real-time view of topics people are talking about on Paper so you can explore them in depth. Just tap the Trending label at the top of any story in the section to see related stories from other sources.
• Hashtags: Paper now has hashtags so you can tap a hashtag like #tbt and see all the related posts.
• Tilt to explore all your photos: Now you can zoom in on any photo to view it fullscreen and tilt the phone to explore every detail.
• Copy text: Now you can tap-and-hold text to copy it from a post you're reading. Then paste and share the text wherever you like.
• Change your audience after you post: We always want to help you share your stories with just the right people. Just tap the name of the audience to change between sharing publicly or with just your friends.
• Performance and speed: We’ve been making improvements so stories and photos show up even faster. Enjoy!
In case you missed our previous update, here’s what was new in version 1.1:
• Birthdays and events: Never miss a chance to celebrate! Just tap the notifications globe and scroll down to see important dates ahead.
• Photo comments: When words aren’t enough, now you can add photos to comments to show how you feel.
• Group updates: Don’t miss posts from your favorite groups. Swipe down to open the Main Menu. Tap the More Options icon to the right of the Search box. When you see your groups, check the new unread counts to catch up on the posts you've missed.
• New story buttons: To keep up with the latest stories in a section in fullscreen view, or to catch the newest stories in the next section, tap the new story arrows when they appear.
• More article covers: 9 new article covers join our collection, making easier to spot your favorite sources on Paper. Keep an eye out for Fox News, Bloomberg News, Mashable, FT, kottke, Popular Science, The Hollywood Reporter, Vanity Fair and Hacker News.
• Basic accessibility: All of your sections now support basic accessibility features, and we’re working to extend accessibility throughout the app.
This app is phenomenal and is a great alternative to the boring Facebook app. Everything about this is beautiful, flowing, and fun to operate. However...
There's one annoying little tidbit about the gestures when reading articles. I get that they want to make it fluid by swiping up to unfold an article and swiping down to close it, but it becomes an issue when you just simply want to scroll up in an article. The app thinks that you're trying to close the article and I end up closing out of it multiple times when reading. It doesn't matter where you swipe down either. If you swipe down on any part of the screen, it'll think you're trying to close out.
If there is a way to designate a certain spot to swipe an article close, then it would be perfect, but so far that it my only complaint for the app. Please please please fix!
Add "most recent" option
I have had this app for several months now and truly love it. I love the Flipboard type news story sections combined with Facebook functionality. Photos and video updates are just beautiful.
The news feed sort option of "most recent" just needs to be added. It is the most demanded functionality, so Facebook just needs to give it to us. I hate scrolling through recent updates mixed with posts from 14 hours ago. It lessens the user experience for sure.
The messaging functionality is very nice.
The Help Center within the app is very UNhelpful. I have tried to figure out how to change options and settings within the app a few times using the help center. there is no search screen and only a handful of help topics. When you reply that a topic was not helpful it tries to connect you to another page, but it tells me there is no internet connection. I had wifi connection.
Within the settings, It leaves you to click through each screen, then you swipe down to close it, and it takes you back to the very beginning help screen, not the settings topic submenu you were trying to search.
I've just heard about this application and I've got to say this brings a bunch more fun to using Facebook, than the same old app. It's very easy to use and the interface is great. From reading older posts it just keeps getting better and better. I'd like to see in future updates the ability to add more personalized media, the generalized tabs of Trending, Tech, LOL etc.. are great but I'd like to add my own blogs, news papers, web pages (like ModMyi) even forums I follow. It's an awesome application!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 16, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 53.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.