NYT Now—Your Guide to the News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** App Store Best of 2014 **
NYT Now from The New York Times is your guide to the news. It’s the fastest way to get caught up on what you need to know.
NYT Now editors work around the clock to bring you the best stories from The New York Times and around the web in one simple, easy-to-use app.
NYT Now Includes:
• A selection of the best stories from The New York Times and around the web, all hand-picked by our editors.
• Article summaries and bullet points to catch you up on the news quickly.
• A Morning Briefing to prepare you for the day ahead.
• Content that’s updated around the clock with the newest stories right at the top of your feed.
The app is free to download and use.
If you have any problems, comments or suggestions for improving our app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1-800-591-9233 or find us at @nytnow on Twitter. Your feedback is important to us.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Snippets: Share snippets of New York Times articles by selecting text within the article
- Handoff Support: Continue reading stories on your Mac or other iOS devices
- Reduces the amount of space the app uses on the iPhone
- Improves scrolling performance
- Makes visual tweaks to the feed and share cards
- Fixes an issue where in certain cases swiping on an alert would not open an article
- Fixes an issue where readers were unable to save to Safari Reading List
Not bad, but not impressed either....
I've already got what I consider two of the best news apps, AP and NPR. Both come without gimmicky bells and whistles and best of all both fully cache all of the stories for offline reading. AP app is expecially fast at loading for offline. This NYT app is a scaled down version vs their web version and all the articles do not fully cache for offline reading. Plus, the scaled down list of articles is very similar to main topic articles in AP and/or NPR. I rate a 3 star and have deleted off phone.
Phenomenal & Fun News Source
This app is absolutely fantastic. I have no time to read long news articles, but I very much like to keep up with current events and trends in concise and simple language. An occasional laugh or smile caused by a unique story is an added bonus. This app is the perfect solution for me - and it's free too! Can't do without it! Thank you NT Times.
More diversity of opinions please. But good overall.
App works well and I use it everyday. Not all of the stories are NYT calibre journalism, though. And I suppose that's the only downside.
There's also a lack of diversity with points of view in the articles. I suppose I should be happy that I agree with most of the opinions of the editorialized articles, but I do miss NYT giving us a a variety of perspectives.
Many articles are a good read...but hardly legit journalism.
Still, I do enjoy this app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 11, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © The New York Times
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.