Tynker - Learn programming with visual code blocks and build your own games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn to program with puzzles and easily build your own games. No internet connectivity required. Start by solving coding puzzles. Great for Hour-of-Code and more. Easily build games using the Tynker Workshop, with themed graphics,10 game-kits and customizable characters to inspire imaginative games and stories. Additional puzzle levels are available as in-app purchases.
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award
*** Featured by Apple in Education, Kids & Best New Apps
*** Editor's Choice, Children's Technology Review
*** Rated 5 stars for Engagement, Common sense media
*** Rated “Best for 8-14” by USA Today
*** Award of Excellence from Strictly Mobile
”Tynker makes programming more accessible and fun for kids, regardless of prior experience.”
“One of the best learn-to-code apps we've seen for younger kids - Nice work!”
CODEY’S QUEST (Free)
Use the correct logic and loop variations to lead Codey home.
** 20 Levels
TYNKER WORKSHOP (Free).
-- Create games and apps quickly with the same visual programming language introduced in the puzzle adventures
- Define your own functions and variables
- Build musical projects using the built-in notes for piano, electric guitar and drums.
- Add tilt, touch and other native behaviors to your games
- Work offline without Internet connectivity
NEW! With an online account, access all projects created on tablets or web from either platform.
Includes plenty of inspiration for an unlimited portfolio of games and projects to play with friends:
- Character Creator Engine lets kids create millions of fluidly-animated, professional-quality characters, with swappable parts and props, and a variety of stunningly realistic preset animations.
- Built-in physics engine for advanced games
- 10 complete pre-built game kits to remix your own game from
- 5 Media Themes with hundreds of assets - Fantasy, Adventure, Sci Fi, Modern and Spooky
- Growing library of sample projects
DRAGON JOURNEY (In-app purchase)
Create functions and subroutines to lead your dragon through the forest.
** 72 Levels, across 2 different adventure scenarios, replay with 3 different dragons
LOST IN SPACE (In-app purchase)
Apply conditional logic to lead astronaut Biff to his moon base.
** 72 Levels, across 3 adventure scenarios
LAZER RACER (In-app purchase)
Draw complex geometric shapes using simple commands in this futuristic racing game.
** 48 geometric pattern puzzles
Unlock hidden bonus games in every adventure! Puzzle Solutions Available.
What do Children learn?
Pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, spatial visualization, algorithmic thinking, how to debug programs. Introduces concepts like sequencing, repetition and conditional logic. Reinforces basic geometry concepts while using programming to draw angles and lines.
What is Tynker?
Tynker (www.tynker.com) inspires kids to create and collaborate through programming, in a visual, intuitive and imaginative way. More than 10,000 schools and 9 million kids have started coding with Tynker -- building critical computational thinking skills for future success.
Tynker is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, and other programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
What's New in Version 2.6.5
- New 64-bit build
- Fixed crashing bugs on custom keyboards
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 24, 2015
- Version: 2.6.5
- Size: 95.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Neuron Fuel, Inc.
- © Neuron Fuel, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle$4.99
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle$2.99
- Dragon Journey$1.99
- Lost in Space$1.99
- Sketch Racer$1.99