USA - Illustrated Geography Atlas
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A highly educational interactive app with lots to learn and discover – learn about US geography in a fun and engaging way.
Explore an exciting illustrated map of the USA and discover nearly 200 natural wonders, historical places, monuments, buildings and state symbols – all with fascinating facts and information.
Learn using interactive maps, cool to know facts, references and interactive games. Touch any icon, state, landform or river to learn and know more about it.
All information and fun facts are very accessible for the target age group.
Get to know the shapes, locations, capitals and a lot of facts and figures about each of the 50 states.
What reviewers are saying about the USA Illustrated Geography Atlas:
* Best of the Best, Editor's choice - bestappsforkids.com
* Today's Best Apps - appadvice.com
* Top Five Summertime Apps - funeducationalapps.com
* "Any teacher who teaches American social studies/geography will greatly benefit from this app. Kids will be engaged, and will definitely learn well." - teachingwithipad.org
* "Great app with lots of content perfect for teaching geography... Aligns with common core standards..." - theimum.com
* "... impressive amount of interaction. " - appsforclass.com
- 8 different interactive maps
- Comprehensive data covering elementary US geography
- 6 game activities
- Retina display support
- Audio features - voiceovers with names of states, capitals, cities, mountains, rivers and icons
- Interactive & easy-to-use interface
- “Parents” section
- No ads or in-app purchases
- illustrated map of the USA containing nearly 200 colorful cartoon images related to each state, showing places and landmarks with cool facts and descriptions
- map of states and their capitals - find information in Fact Boxes - nicknames, mottos, abbreviations, dates of admission to the Union, capitals, largest cities, populations, geography facts, state symbols, flags, seals, and much more.
- U.S. time zones with a description of each zone. Also find out more about UTC and GMT.
- top 30 cities - learn where the major cities are located and how many people live there.
- U.S. sports teams map - learn the names and locations of all teams from the NBA, NHL, NFL and MBL.
- map of mountain ranges including descriptions, plus a scrollable list of the 20 highest mountains and the states where they are located.
- map of major rivers - every river with a description plus a list of the 10 longest rivers.
- physical map.
- Trivia - Show what you have learned in the app. Read a sentence and choose the missing word from three available - of course you have to get the right word :-)
- Find on a map - Drag & drop state capitals or state names to their positions on a blank map of the USA.
- Matching pairs - Find pairs for each of the states - shape and flag, shape and seal, or seal and flag.
- States & capitals - Match the shape of the state with its name and capital city.
- Puzzle - put the puzzle pieces of the U.S. states into the correct locations on a map of the USA.
- Spell the state - show you can spell the names of each of the 50 U.S. states.
Reward system - You earn stars in every game. Collect 50 stars and get US geography expert badges.
The app was created in collaboration with teachers and it meets common core standards, so it’s great for use in schools or at home. Educational customers can use a 50% discount through Volume Purchase Program.
It is a definite must-have US geography app. It covers several areas of the curriculum - geography, history, reading skills.
There are no in-app purchase links, ads, or links to social media, so children will not be distracted from the educational content.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any help & suggestions or ideas. If you like the app please leave us a review.
Visit us: http://www.cooledoo.com
Like us: http://www.facebook.com/CoolEdoo
What's New in Version 2.1