Kanji Sensei - Learn Japanese Kanji
By Jorge Cozain
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Kanji Sensei will be your new japanese teacher helping you study and review kanji and vocabulary.
Endless quizzes with readings, compounds and okuriganas will help you memorize them.
• Based on your scores, the best questions for you will be selected.
• Your strong and weak kanjis will be marked on the dictionary.
• More than 2900 kanjis to study by school grades,by JLPT levels, by the number of readings or by your own kanji lists.
• An option to ignore less frequent readings is available.
• Kanji of the day feature: Receive a daily notification with a kanji's readings and meanings. Kanjis are usually taken from the "bad" box.
A strong background in hiragana and katakana is highly recommended before buying this app.
Questions, problems or comments?
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit: http://kanjisensei.com
What's New in Version 1.2.0
• Stroke order is now available. Press a kanji on the details part of the dictionary.
• Study by the number of readings.
• In-app purchase: Make your own kanji lists.
• More challenging questions for compounds and words with okurigana.
• Improved algorithm for compounds.
• Other improvements.
Beautiful but a bit confusing
I really like the design of the app, it’s stunning but the quizz mode is a bit confusing. The option to ignore less frequent reading doesn’t seem to work flawlessly as I have been tested on some strange readings for basic characters that I didn’t even want to learn in the first place since I’m more focused on being able to read common stuff.
I also regret the fact that the answer is practically given to you by the quizz sometimes, when you have to arrange the syllables of a word in the right order.
Great for learning vocabulary.
I have used other apps and software trying to replicate this. It's simple and very much like flash cards, however does a little more than flash card by trying to distinguish how to use the on reading and kun reading.
Edit: the update does wonders by introducing lists and learning by grade level instead of the JPLT.
its pretty and convenient but once I completed the list for first year kanji, revisiting that selection only quizes me a small fraction (maybe 20) of the over 100 readings, its the same bunch so its like going in circles. Also there does not appear to be be any way edit the names of or delete custom kanji lists.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 18, 2014
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 44.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jorge Cozain
- © 2014 Jorge Cozain
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Custom Kanji Lists$0.99