By Digital Heaven Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Waiting for sleeping disks to wake up can be a frustrating experience for DJs, video/audio editors, musicians, and motion graphics designers who frequently work with media files located on multiple disks.
Disksomnia 4.0 periodically writes a file to keep any local disk awake, including those that stubbornly ignore Energy Saver preferences.
- Disksomnia now runs as a menu bar app with extremely low overhead and easy access to Preferences.
- By default, Disksomnia will write to disks every 55 seconds but you can now set a custom period (up to 999 seconds) to suit your particular disks.
- Icon animates when disks are being written to and there’s a countdown indicator to the next write.
- Easily select which disks are kept awake.
- Disksomnia can run all the time or only when selected applications are running. Perfect if you only need disks to be kept awake when editing audio or video.
What's New in Version 4.0.3
- Fixed menu bar icon not showing on OS X 10.7 Lion.