Scanbot · Document Scanner & QR Reader
By doo GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Scanbot is your premium mobile scanner app for documents and QR codes. Create high-quality PDF or JPG scans. Send them via email or upload them to iCloud Drive, Box, Dropbox, Evernote and other cloud services.
FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS – For All Users
• Scan premium quality PDFs or JPGs with 200 dpi and higher
• Cloud integration: iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Box, Evernote, WebDAV and other cloud services
• Scan QR codes: URLs, Contacts, Phone Numbers, Locations, Hotspots, etc.
• Lightning fast: automatic edge detection and scanning
• Multi page documents
• Enhance your scans: color modes and automatic optimization
• Smart background upload
• Beautifully designed
Upgrade to SCANBOT PRO
• Text recognition (OCR): extract the text of your scans to copy, search, lookup etc.
• Beautiful themes: select your preferred look and feel
• Smart file naming
• Passcode protection with Touch ID support (iOS 8 only)
• Add pages to existing scans
• Fast full-text search
• PDF password protection
Upgrading to Scanbot Pro adds the above features for a one-time purchase price.
Future features will be activated automatically.
Scanbot relies on the latest and most advanced mobile scanning technology available. Your scans are delivered at a premium quality with 200 dpi and higher, which is comparable to the performance of modern desktop scanners. In addition, various color modes, auto optimization and blur-reduction help you to get the most out of your scans.
Scanbot is blazing fast. Just hold your iPhone over any document, receipt or whiteboard and it takes only a second to scan a page and save it as a PDF or JPG. Thanks to Scanbot's latest technology, the edges of the document are automatically identified so that only the document itself is scanned. Scanbot captures the best possible image in the perfect moment.
Scanbot works on all occasions with all kind of media. Scan any kind of document such as standard paper documents, business cards, receipts, notes, whiteboards or post-its. Scanbot helps you save the documents that are important for you and get rid of paper clutter. No matter whether you are at work or on holidays, Scanbot is with you.
Scan to the CLOUD
Scanned documents can be emailed, printed or uploaded to a supported cloud drive. If you enable automatic upload and Scanbot will automatically save your scans to your preferred cloud service right in the moment your PDF scan has been created. With Scanbot you can upload to the following cloud drives:
• iCloud Drive
• Google Drive
• and other cloud drives
Be sure that we'll add more cloud drives in the future.
How Scanbot makes your life easier...
• Scan any document that is important for you: invoices, receipts, business cards, tickets, notes, whiteboards, contracts, travel vouchers etc.
• Process your scans effectively and efficiently: Email, print or automatically upload your scans to your favorite cloud drive
• Save time and money: get premium quality scans in the widely accepted PDF format or as JPG with 200 dpi and higher – there's no need to buy a huge and expensive desktop scanner
• While traveling: scan tickets, boarding passes, IDs or receipts on the go. Never have the feeling again you missed a document when arriving at your destination or at home.
• Students: How often did you forget what your professor wrote the whiteboard or flipchart in that last lecture? With Scanbot you can capture and share the notes with your fellow colleagues instantaneously.
• Business: Scanbot helps you scan your invoices, receipts, contracts, meeting minutes or other business documents. Scanning multiple pages lets you even create one PDF scan out of a multi page contract.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/scanbot
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/scanbotapp
Learn more: https://scanbot.io
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 3.6
- Improved document recognition, Scanbot now even detects white paper on a white background
- Bugfixes – thanks for your feedback!
Best scanning app
Overall, this is the best scanning app. It's quick, nice-looking, and handles multiple use cases. The border detection is quite good, and smart naming and the ability to auto-upload to cloud services are both really nice.
The new white background scanning capability doesn't seem to really work all that well. However, this is not a huge deal, as previous to this, I just got used to putting on a contrasty surface to scan anyway.
My only one real complaint is that the iCloud sync causes documents to sometimes reappear after I delete them. It appears to be tied to killing the app too soon after deletion. However, iCloud Drive is something that developers can't really control, and Apple have some work to do in that area.
It's obvious that the developers of ScanBot made user experience a priority. And that's what makes this my default scanning app (along with the excellent scanning accuracy of course).
I do wish it would allow single page scans to be saved as JPEG without having to save to camera roll, as Evernote Scannable can do.
In the past, I found the OCR to be completely useless, but in testing tonight, it's either been vastly improved, or I was really lucky.
A comprehensive and complete tool scanning
When I first installed ScanBot I just needed a tool for capturing receipts in a user friendly way. What I ended up was much more. This app auto detects when the receipt or document is in fully in the camera view and then takes the picture. This app talks to every cloud storage system including OneDrive. It is flexible in how you name documents and manage them. It is visually beautiful, flexible, stable, and easy to use. This tool makes travel, purchases tracking, and expense reports much easier. The pro features are also worth the in app purchase.
Good, but one fatal flaw: background uploading.
App is wonderful, and the paid one is a superb replacement for a full scale scanner for someone on the go.
But the uploading feature is *severely* lacking. It's slow. Scanbot is incapable of uploading text-recognition-friendly scans in the background. If I ever I lock my phone or exit the app, not only does will the app cease to upload, the upload starts over once I open it back up. It's crippling.
If it's technologically infeasible to continuously upload in the background, it would help for Scanbot to "bookmark" its upload progress or at least securely pause.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 13, 2015
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 49.0 MB
- Languages: Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, En, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: doo GmbH
- © doo GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Features$4.99
- Pro Features Epic$1.99
- Pro Features$2.99
- Pro Features LegendaryFree
- Pro Features Rare$2.99
- Pro Features Uncommon$3.99