IdeaPlaces for Evernote&Dropbox - Notes, photos & places on the map
By Ciprian Rarau
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IdeaPlaces is your Evernote&Dropbox on the map. IdeaPlaces is the only app with location based notes & pictures for in‐field professionals and travellers.
IdeaPlaces maps your business or personal geo knowledge coming from Evernote, Dropbox, Photos and Contacts linking them on the map, online or offline.
Like "Google Earth" but for your business or personal data, IdeaPlaces presents a new way to visualize and interact with your location data.
With IdeaPlaces you can:
* map Business to Business customers and keep a history of all interactions
* research & coordinate site‐specific notes & pictures
* organize your notes & pictures per locations
* seamlessly integrate your existing notes, pictures, places
* plan a house purchase
* see contacts on the go and add notes
* relieve holiday highlights
* plan travels (works offline too) **
* create location based reminders
* make a list of favorite places (restaurants, tourist attractions …)
* take notes and photos at the nice&interesting eat-out places
* and more... just go into the real world, find your own use cases, and make geo data work with your lifestyle!
A more detailed description below:
IdeaPlaces fully integrates with Evernote:
* Full view of any Evernote note inside IdeaPlaces.
* Evernote offline mode for any note having a GPS information attached **
* Full support for Evernote Linked or Business notebooks and tags **
* Automatic detecting of places using Foursquare and Google Places.
* Location based reminders for any note.
* Full new note creation capabilities
* Enhance all your notes with Google Street and Map view
* And more...
IdeaPlaces imports and displays your iOS or Dropbox photos:
* Just take photos with the iPhone/iPad camera or put them in your Dropbox and IdeaPlaces will automatically import them next time you open the app.
* Swipe between your photos directly on the map or from the map view.
* One button Import your photos into IdeaPlaces and Evernote.
IdeaPlaces converts that addresses attached to your contacts into map pins:
* See and modify the full profile of your contacts from within IdeaPlaces
* Call, email or message your contacts from within IdeaPlaces
* One button to add notes to a contact
* IdeaPlaces detects when you take notes around your contacts and automatically attaches them to your contact.
* Switch between Apple and Google Maps in Standard, Satellite or Hybrid mode **
* View your geolocated information on the map or on the map list view
* Tap on any pin to see a popup with details.
* Too many map pins? IdeaPlaces groups them when too close.
* IdeaPlaces automatically finds the place of your notes/photos using Foursquare and Google Places
* Personalize your places by giving them a custom name,
* Change the Foursquare/address using the built in location search
* Convert your places into notes.
* Share your places with your friends/colleagues using Shared/Business Evernote Notebooks.
* Filter Evernote notes based on title, notebooks/tags
* Filter notes and photos by time using custom or relative time filters (today, yesterday, this week, last week, this month, last month, this year)
* Search any note or place
If you have location based reminders IdeaPlaces will ask you access to your location while in background. We take battery consumption very seriously but *continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life*
** Requires PLUS or BUSINESS in-app purchases
We would love your support!
What's New in Version 2.0.6
A very important update that hopefully will make your IdeaPlaces experience way better.
IdeaPlaces now includes also the Evernote notes without location (disable this from the map list Options)
Removed some of the map clutter and re-styled the map toolbar
The search now combines Places and Evernote Notes.
When creating a note the note title is the first sentence. Disable this from the settings.
Simplified the IdeaPlaces Settings and added all the Social Channels (Twitter,Facebook,AppStore)
Fixed note/photo search around the longitude 180 (next to New Zealand)
A few other fixes and improvement.
Thanks for your support!
The IdeaPlaces team.
Great travel tool!
I have been using this app to plan a trip abroad and it has been sooo useful. First, I clip articles from blogs and travel sites to notebooks in my Evernote. Next, I link my Evernote to IdeaPlaces and filter the notebooks I want to see. Then, I assign locations to those notes. Now, I can see all my notes laid out as pins on the map. This simplifies planning itineraries and choosing hotels that are centrally located to the places I want to visit. Plus, instead of stuffing my daybag full of maps and travel guides, I can just bring my ipad with me!
The IdeaPlaces developers are really friendly and responsive. I only downloaded the app maybe a month ago, and in that time there have been several updates, at least one of which was influenced by the feedback I gave them. If you have difficulties with the app or have an idea to improve it, tell them! They *want* your feedback.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 13, 2015
- Version: 2.0.6
- Size: 21.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Ciprian Rarau
- © Ciprian Rarau
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- IdeaPlaces PLUS$4.99
- IdeaPlaces BUSINESS$9.99