By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, edit, and collaborate with others on documents from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with the free Google Docs app. With Google Docs you can:
* Create new documents or edit any that were created on the web or on another device
* Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time
* Open, edit, and save Microsoft Word documents
* Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection
* Add and respond to comments
* Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type
* Protect your documents with a 4-digit passcode
What's New in Version 1.2016.12205
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Great idea... Disastrous execution.
Comments breaks the app as far as I can tell, once I tap the comment button it tells me there are no notes yet, be the first to make one... And provides no way to make a comment, nor does it allow me to close the mobile window.
Navigating is absolutely terrible on both the app and desktop application.
If I didn't need to see what my partner was editing and when we simply wouldn't use this app. Period.
We have had horrendous problems yesterday trying to give me access to her folders and documents. It tells her on her end that I do, and on my end I received no notifications. No accesses. When links are sent the documents are read only. When I request permissions to each individual document it sends her a notification, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to request permissions for an entire folder. Ended up having to move her files to my folder that I shared perfectly fine with her. For some reason I show up as "Anonymous" instead of as my google account.
This is absolutely ridiculous. No excuses google, this app is terrible.
The best word processor in my opinion...FREE!
I am so happy that I found google docs. I have never owned Microsoft word in my life, and when I used to have to do an assignment for school I would download a free crappy word processor from the Internet. I wish google docs was a thing back in high school, because not only does it do what word does, but I can access documents from work and home and any other place because its stored under my gmail account. I use it for my resume, because I never know if a year or two later I will need to look for a new job, and my old resume is right where I left it in google docs so I'm not digging through my computer. Love it!!!!!!
Really Appreciate this App
After my laptop was stollen, I had to get a new one and couldn't get Microsoft Word/Office back due to problematic issues. I had been using Google Chrome for a long time for school with just transferring documents and files w/o a flash drive. Once I got he new laptop, I was told that Google Docs worked really well as a substitute for MS Word. It really does and I can go back an forth while on the go between by phone and laptop, or desktop when needed. It is so convenient when getting information to others because it is pretty much compatible with most devices.
It also allows me to download text files to .doc, .docx, .rft, and etc.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 18, 2016
- Version: 1.2016.12205
- Size: 90.3 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.