By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, edit, and collaborate with others on documents from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with the free Google Docs app. With Google Docs you can:
* Create new documents or edit any that were created on the web or on another device
* Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time
* Open, edit, and save Microsoft Word documents
* Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection
* Add and respond to comments
* Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type
* Protect your documents with a 4-digit passcode
What's New in Version 1.2015.44205
* Insert horizontal lines
* Bug fixes and performance improvement
Awesomely free, not as perfect as word
This free application is fantastic, especially if you don't have word. Being a college student, there are some things that could be improved for writing professional papers that google docs doesn't include. For example, when making footnotes in a research paper you can't reference the same footnote twice which is extremely frustrating. Also, you can't put columns and the help option is really not much help at all because it only comes up with search options if your words fit the description of what you're looking for absolutely perfectly. I rated this 4 stars because what you're getting for free is very good quality as it is. And it can be opened on any device anywhere as long as you have a gmail. As far as the phone app goes, it would be nicer if some of the parts of your document we're accessible on your mobile device, such as footnotes.
Excellent but needs more capability
I will preface this review with the fact that I am a physics academic, so the following will be addressing issues that will benefit me in my purposes for this app. This app has been very good to me but I need more capabilities. I would like to see an equation editor included with a wide range of variables and operators (integrals, derivatives, summations, etc). In particular I would love to see superscript and subscript working in Google Docs but only if it works fluidly. For a little more general functionality, the ability to create headers and footers would be lovely. This last one is a stretch but if we could see an auto-generated table of contents based on what you input as section titis and subtitle would be something that make me rate google docs as a permanent 5 stars.
I'm a teacher. I use this app to record ongoing student observations that other staff can also add to; create student plans; record meeting minutes; create a list or a model that I can share with a student and know that it is available & not lost; etc.
This app is invaluable for the ability to have private docs, shared docs, and being able to vary the level of sharing is essential for me.
Having Sheets on my phone, iPad and laptop is invaluable. Even though there are a few things for which I have to use the laptop, I'm completely satisfied with this app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 10, 2015
- Version: 1.2015.44205
- Size: 79.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.