By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, edit, and collaborate with others on spreadsheets from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with the free Google Sheets app. With Google Sheets you can:
* Create new spreadsheets or edit any that were created on the web or on another device
* Share spreadsheets and work together with others in the same spreadsheet at the same time
* Open, edit, and save Microsoft Excel files
* Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection
* Format cells, enter/sort data, view charts, insert formulas, use find/replace, and more
* Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type
* Protect your spreadsheets with a 4-digit passcode
What's New in Version 1.1.7297
* Hide rows and columns
* Touch ID support for Sheets passcode lock
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
This app is useless. Since we started our business 4 years ago, any Google Apps for Business user in my business was able to open multiple google spreadsheets simultaneously on an iPad with each spreadsheet opened in a different tab within Safari. This allowed us to switch instantly from open spreadsheet to open spreadsheet by simply tapping on the desired tab. Now, as we have been forced to use google sheets, we can open only one spreadsheet at a time and it opens slowly at that. To review data from a spreadsheet that is not currently open in google sheets, one must close the current spreadsheet then open the desired spreadsheet. To return to the original spreadsheet one must again close the current spreadsheet and so on and so on. This is ludicrous. The process is beyond slow and inefficient. Previously we were able to easily look at data for several different clients by quickly switching between multiple open spreadsheets with a simple click on a tab. Additionally, the list of spreadsheets does not sort properly on the iPad. When sort by "last modified" is selected, it sorts by the last modified spreadsheets on the iPad device rather than sorting and listing the last modified spreadsheets by the user. Therefore, if the same user has used 3 different devices to modify multiple databases, google sheets only lists the databases modified on the device in use. Rubbish.
Different but useful
First time user of google drive products. I have older tech, iphone 4, ipad 3, and a windows based computer. I already have a gmail acct, which is why I chose this over a similar microsoft product. I like the easy access, however I have not tried to edit or create these on my phone. It was weird to download a separate app for sheets, slides, etc, but understandable on a tablet to do so given how they function. There is limited editing on a tablet, or maybe I just haven't figured out all the shortcuts yet? I do like being able to start something on my tablet when the idea strikes. I like being able to access stuff anywhere, on any platform and cloud storage. I usually bring up my items on the computer to "fine tune" them. The biggest issue for me is updating the operating system on my older tech to work at best functionality
Increasing in functionality, but still behind the web interface
While the app continues to improve in functionality and usability, there is still a ways to go before it reaches the usefulness of the web interface. I agree with many reviewers here that keyboard support would distinguish Google Sheets from its competitors. Being able to tab through cells would help with usability and some bizarre interface choices like having the cell contents come up in front of the cell being edited make me scratch my head. There also needs to be a better way to enter formulas, as you cannot just tap on cells to fill in the formula, you have to type in the cell number.
That being said, there have been many improvements to this app and I can see it going in the direction of being just as useful as Excel on the desktop.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 21, 2015
- Version: 1.1.7297
- Size: 79.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.